Clyde Langer x reader

I snuggled into my boyfriend's side and sighed, breathing in his scent. His cotton-soft hoodie brushed against my cheek as his arms encircled me. The warm sunlight trickled down onto my skin then as we sat against a tree in the park, his back pressed into the bark while mine was pressed into his chest. Today was perfect. But then again, every day with him had been perfect. Clyde Langer was amazing.

I hadn't liked him at first, I admit. He had annoyed me with that cocky attitude of his. But somehow...his boyish charm had won me over. I felt him press a kiss to the top of my head then and I hummed happily. Intertwining our fingers, I glanced up into his chocolate-fudge eyes that I always got lost in.

"Thanks for this," I told him softly.

He smiled down at me and pulled me in for a chaste kiss on the mouth.

"For what?" he questioned and smiled at his adorable cluelessness.

I gestured around us.

"This whole day - just you and me. I love mom and Luke, don't get me wrong, but..." I told him, my eyes taking in the view in front of me, "It's nice to not have to deal with Judoon or Mr. Smith or Sontarans for once,"

He smirked, his hand reaching up to cup my cheek. I put mine over his, my pale skin contrasting beautifully with his own dark skin.

"It's my pleasure." he said gently and I knew he meant it.

My lips crashed into his, our mouths moving in sync. He gripped my waist, fingers digging into my skin with a gentleness that I'd only ever found in this boy alone. Suddenly, my cellphone it up beside me, ringing. We broke apart at the sound and Clyde sighed as I swiped the 'Talk' button.

"Hey," I answered, "Yeah, I'm just at the park with Cly-... Yeah, sure. Yeah, I'll be there in 10. Kay, bye."

As I ended the call, I could feel Clyde's eyes on me and I looked up to meet them.

"Let me guess - new mission?" he asked, dejectedly and I nodded, sighing.

I helped him up off the ground and we made our way down Bannerman Road to my house. So much for our date.