Carlos De Vil x reader [2]

Note: I wrote this a couple years back now and gosh...it just feels unreal that he's gone. He was only 20 - he should still be here :"( So this one's to you, Cam. RIP, angel - until we meet again :"(

#RIPCameronBoyce

I smiled as I walked into Carlos' room. He was sitting on his bed, typing away on his laptop with Dude beside him. The pup yipped as I stepped closer to the bed and Carlos glanced up. His brown eyes lit up and I smiled at him.

"Hey, baby," I greeted him, pecking his plump lips slightly.

He grinned, "Hey. You ready for our date? I just have to-"

Suddenly, Evie burst in and we turned to her.

"Mal's missing."

With those two words, we were off to the Isle, date all forgotten for the moment. We had to get her back. She belonged in Auradon with us. I leaned into Carlos' side on the limo ride and he intertwined our fingers. A few minutes later, we arrived at the Isle. But Mal wouldn't let us in.

I gazed around the abandoned alley, debris littering the street and stores dilapidated. I looked to Carlos but he turned away with a look of shame plastered on his face.

"This is where you grew up?" I asked him softly, placing my fingers underneath his chin, forcing him to look at me.

Those sweet chocolate orbs met mine and I caressed his cheek, my fingertips brushing across the freckles splashed across his skin there I'd always loved so much. He looked away from me once more.

"I wish I'd known you back then," I told him and his eyes snapped to me.

"What do you... You're-you're not freaked out by this? By what I used to be?" he asked in shock.

I laughed at the expression his face and shook my head, stepping up to press my forehead to his. Tufts of his white hair tickled my skin as I did.

"The Isle, villains - that's your roots, Carlos. Why would I be freaked out by something that brought you to me? If it wasn't for all of this," I said, gesturing around me to the crumbling neighborhood, "Ben would have never invited you, Mal, Jay, and Evie to come to Auradon. I wouldn't have met my prince."

A grin broke out across his face and he enveloped me in a hug, pulling me to his chest. I smiled into the soft material of his jacket. Thank goodness for Cruella De Vil. Wow, never thought I'd say that. Good thing my parents, Roger and Anita, can't hear me.