Spike x reader [2]

I saw him from across The Bronze on 5th Street. His hair was slicked back and bleach-blond paired with bright blue eyes and high cheekbones that could cut you like knives. His clothing was dark and edgy - just what I'd expect in a place like this - but not in the sense that he was doing it to fit in with anyone. No, his style was his own and more than just your mere goth phase some teens went through...almost like he was hiding something darker than just emotional scars... He took a drag of his cigarette then, letting the smoke blow out through his lips. Just then, a tug at my sleeve broke me from my thoughts and I glanced up into the face of my best friend, Cherry.

She smirked knowingly at me, "Look, I know you wanna stare at the hottie over there but you promised you'd come with me tonight,"

I rolled my eyes at her words, shaking my head so that strands of brown hair fell over my shoulders.

"I was not! I was just looking and he...happened to be in my line of vision," I shrugged and she chuckled as she began to pull me along after her with a mumbled 'sure' under her breath.

But as we moved through the swarm of bodies to get to the entrance, I glanced back at the mysterious stranger...only to find him gone. I frowned. He was there just a second ago - where could he have gone? Cherry led the way into the Bronze and immediately went for the drinks. I let out a slight huff as I watched her throw back a shot before starting to flirt with a guy standing next to her. Rolling my eyes, I headed to the other end of the bar before ordering a shot for myself.

She always did this to me. I knew better than to come here with her - she always left me for the first guy she saw. The bartender slid a glass of a dark-colored drink over to me and I picked it up in my hands before taking a sip. The liquid burned on its way down my throat but I could already feel a slight buzz coming on. I threw back another shot...and another. After a few more drinks, I could feel myself swaying in my seat.

A hiccup bubbled up from my throat and I giggled, feeling a little dizzy. Cherry always had said I was a light-weight. Whatever. What did she know anyway? Downing another shot, I tilted my head back until I began to feel the legs on the stool give way beneath me. Thrusting my hands out to latch onto something, I felt leather beneath my fingertips and gripped onto it to hoist myself back up.

But when I glanced into my savior's face, words of gratitude on my lips, I was met with the piercing blue eyes of the stranger on the corner. The fluorescent lighting lit up tufts of his bleached-blond hair but otherwise, he looked the same - including those razor-sharp cheekbones. I bit my lip, still feeling a bit light-headed from the alcohol in my system. Sending him a small smile of thanks, I hopped off the bar stool and began to head to the dance floor. I hadn't had enough drinks yet to be bold enough to talk to HIM. But suddenly, cool fingers wrapped around my wrist and I was pulled into a hard chest.

Glancing up in confusion, I gazed into twinkling blue orbs.

"What? Not going to say 'hi'?" he smirked, making me blush scarlet.

I looked past his shoulder then at a couple of girls who were gazing at him longingly. Shrugging, I met his eyes once more.

"I figured you had enough girls talking to you tonight," I said in response, quickly thinking of an excuse as to why I hadn't talked to him.

He tilted his head in response, seeming to know just what I didn't say.

"Maybe I'm interested to hear what you have to say, love," he said sincerely before that smirk came back again.

I grinned, hearing the flirting tone clear in his voice. His hand found mine then and he intertwined our fingers. I was about to say something when wordlessly, he began to pull me along behind him through the throng of swaying bodies. He led me all the way outside to an alley and we let the door slam shut behind us. I grinned up at him as he pressed me into the wall, his hands grabbing my hips. He crashed his lips into mine then and I immediately kissed him back, the alcohol in my system finally giving me that boost of confidence.

He was more gentle than I would have guessed but there was a hint of roughness there as well - something dark and twisted that intrigued me. He kissed me over and over, deepening the kiss as it went on. My fingers tangled in his blond hair, pulling at it slightly. His lips began to trail down my neck and my eyes fluttered closed, butterflies swarming in my belly as he pressed his cool lips over and over to my warm skin. I shouldn't be kissing this random stranger - a man that I didn't even know what his name was - but at the same time, it all felt so right. He placed another kiss to my neck then and I smiled.

But just as his hands had firmly gripped my waist, I felt a searing pain in my neck. Like someone had stabbed me with tiny little knives. I let out a strangled cry at the sudden surge of pain and my eyes flew open - as wide as saucers. What was going on?! Did he...did he just bite me?! What was this?!

I tried to push on his chest but he was too strong - it was like trying to push away a ton of metal. He proceeded to bite down on my neck harder and an ear-piercing scream ripped from my throat. Moving quickly, he sucked on my skin and I felt a warm, sticky liquid trickle down my neck. Tears pricked my eyes at the agony running through my body - this excruciating pain that I was powerless to stop. And the horrible thing? No one was around to hear my cries of help.

Suddenly, he pulled away and I got a glance at his face. My brown eyes widened in horror and shock. His skin was bumpy across the eyebrows and nose - raised up in an unnatural way - and his eyes had gone from a bright sky-blue to a frightening amber hue. I choked on the words I had been prepared to shout at him. What was wrong with him?! But the worst part - the very worst part of it all - was the crimson stain around his mouth and the red gooey-like liquid still clinging to his lips.

He grinned at me then in a sickening way and I felt my stomach churn. Because in my heart, I knew what would happen next. And the word that spilled out of his mouth only confirmed it for me.

"Thanks for the quick bite, love. But I think I was more hungry than I thought..." he smirked over at me briefly before his eyes darkened considerably.

He launched himself at me once more and one last deafening scream ripped from my throat before all went black.