Floki x reader [Pt. 2]

The boat ride was long and I admit, I'd gotten sick a number of times due to the motion of the waves lapping against the side. And when I was not ill, I could feel the eyes of that same stranger still glued to me. His eyes hadn't left me since I'd come with them. To be fair though, none of the men had taken their gaze from me. It made me feel uncomfortable and I think even Ragnar could sense it because in his language, he told his men to back off. I leaned my head back against the wooden beam of the ship, taking in deep breaths as my eyes fluttered closed.

The bouts of nausea finally relented as the journey stretched on and when I finally re-opened my eyes, they met those of the stranger. He grinned at me and frowning, I turned away from him. He was...unnerving. Instead of getting angry though, he just giggled before murmuring something to Ragnar. The leader smiled and nodded, glancing over at me before returning to the conversation. They were a gruff, odd bunch of people, that was for sure.

A couple of weeks later, we finally arrived at a small village. As soon as the boats anchored, women and children were rushing towards the group of men, engulfing them in hugs and kisses. I bit my lip, feeling my chest tighten with homesickness. I missed my own family. They're lucky they had not just been ripped away from theirs, I thought to myself bitterly. Suddenly, a hand was placed on my arm and I was being yanked to my feet by Ragnar's brother, Rollo.

I tried to wrench my hand free but grinning maliciously, he leaned in towards me.

His hot breath fanned my face as he spoke into my ear, "I will have you, little princess,"

I cringed, feeling his lips brush the delicate skin of my ear. A biting reply welled up in my throat but I knew where I stood with these people - I'd heard stories about them from my family. They were a brutal and savage folk. They would kill me if I put one toe out of line. And I knew it. But that hungry look in his eyes made me want to slap him hard across the cheek.

Before I could do anything rash though, the decision was made for me as a new voice spoke up.

"Rollo, are you trying to take what does not belong to you?" a masculine voice asked, an amused lilting tone evident there.

I turned my eyes up to look into the eyes of that strange blue-eyed fellow. Rollo growled slightly, clearly not liking the interference.

"No," he said through gritted teeth, "I was just telling our young noble woman here how she's much prettier than most."

Rollo sent me a small, semi-polite smile before stalking off and I glanced up into the hypnotizing blue eyes of my captor. Or savior, depending on the way you looked at it. He held out a hand then to help me over the side and as my skin made contact with his, I felt a shiver run up my spine. His skin was calloused from whatever work he did but...oddly calming against my own. Biting my lip, my feet touched solid ground and I swayed slightly before righting myself.

"Thank you." I murmured, glancing over my shoulder briefly to lock eyes with him before following after the other vikings.

Maybe...maybe this Floki wasn't so bad after all.