|8|

Once upon a time,

     A lonely king lives in an isolated palace, with his loyal servants and loyal slaves.

His servants are too loyal, too obsessively loyal towards the king.

      They would do anything for the king. Whether it'll be torture, assassinations, burning themselves to death, to prove the king their worth.

      They'll do it with disturbing smiles that haunts the king in his sleep.

      They affect his friendship with his beloved friends.

He doesn't want to be alone again.

He want to stay with his friends.

Although his friends didn't want him.

But he needed them.

His friends pushed him away.

***

Namjoon

      No one was there but our black shadows beneath the darkness of the hallway.

      The screams sounded like Jungkook and Gahyeon, but something is off about it.

      I handed No Name a long blade that I found when I was separated with Yoohyeon. She was searching for a weapon when the black mist appeared out of nowhere.

      Yoohyeon ran away with no weapon to protect herself.

      We walked down the hallway slowly, not making any sound to avoid drawing attention to the black mists.

      We turn left then right, our eyes scanning the area thoroughly. I gripped the long rustic bar pointed to the floor, moving them up and down out of anxiety.

      I ran my hand along the walls as I passed, until a cold sensation causes me to pull it away out of instinct. A gooey consistency sticks to my palm, feeling disgusted and my stomach twisted into knots.

      "Ugh", I sighed as I wiped the substance on my pants. No Name scanned the wall and scrunched her nose in disgust.

      Surely, my hands would smell really bad.

"It could be near", Hoseok whispered.

      The voices were faint whispers in my ears before they stopped abruptly. I gave a hand signal, stopping them on their tracks.

      "Did you hear that?" I asked them in a whisper. They looked confused at first. They steadied themselves until they heard it.

      A loud breathing with a sound of thick bubbles popping. A whining moan and a silent snore.

      It was the black mist right behind the wall we leaned in.

      Its legs stuck out from the wall, wiggling with its black gel. It whines like a child and moved its limbs in the air aimlessly. It started to excrete black mists, dusts float in the atmosphere.

      The black mist suddenly stopped breathing.

      All three of us hold our breaths, leaning against the wall. I was in the middle between Hoseok and No Name.