Good Night pt. 1

It was a spring day.

      The scented flowers bloomed with the trees, a pack of soft colours to decorate the dark cruel world like  paint on an empty black canvas.

      Jin was driving his car with the others at the back. Hoseok, Handong, Yoohyeon, Namjoon, Jungkook and Gahyeon was in Jin's car while the others are with Yoongi in another car.

      They drive passed the blossoming flowers at the side of the long road, petals falling gracefully onto the bitumen. The flowers formed a thick straight line as they speed up.

      Hoseok stared at his wrist where the death mark was printed on his skin. After the escape, the black mark was peeling off into black flakes before it flew into the air towards the fire. As if the book was giving him a chance to live, and he did.

      It took 2 hours to reach their destination. An abandoned place that were left alone once again.

      Jin and Yoongi parked their car in front of the lavender field side by side, burnt woods and other materials were left unharmed on the empty land. They forgot how the house actually looks like, and the decomposed state itself doesn't help them to remember.

      "It's been two years...", Namjoon sighed, leaning against the window. Yoohyeon, who sit behind Namjoon, leaned forward to take a good look at the burnt structure.

      It takes less than a year for Namjoon and Yoohyeon to break out of their shells and forgive each other. Which is something that everyone knows No Name wants.

      Hoseok contemplated the empty memories in front of his eyes, as if he sees the life in someone's empty eyes. He remembers the first time he met her at the basement, where she shouldn't have been in the first place.

"I feel bad", he blurted.

"Why?"

      "We're visiting her after two years. I don't want her to feel abandoned", he expressed sadly.

      Namjoon couldn't say anything next. It was difficult to ask for a simultaneous break with Dreamcatcher. Today and tomorrow was their only chance.

      "It was crazy that time. I'm glad it's already over", he said. "We're still alive, breathing and do other human things. And yet, she's gone", Hoseok croaked.

      Yoohyeon exhaled a sigh. "I miss her", she blurted, stealing everyone's attention. Namjoon smiled to himself. "We all do."

      Handong, on the other hand, was strangely silent. But no one noticed her zipped lips from uttering a word. Her blank eyes stared deeply at the unmemorable house, destroyed and leaves nothing.

      "......is it just me or the lavenders are healthily purple?" asked Gahyeon. Everyone looked at the field, oblivious of the purple field until Gahyeon mentioned it.

      "Hey, you're right. It was dried the last time we're here", Jungkook agreed. The purple lavenders was slightly covered with pink petals of bougainvilleas which they don't recall growing near here.

      "What the hell is happening?" Namjoon whispered.

      Beneath the confusion, Handong smiled secretly behind them. "Should we go out?" she finally voiced a question.

      Yoohyeon immediately nodded. Jin told Yoongi about it and everyone get out of the car. They stood side by side in front of the lavenders, watching in awe of how everything that happened before reached the end two years ago.

      Yoohyeon was carrying her small leather bag, slinging the strings on her shoulders. Gahyeon's nose smelled something fragrant.

And it came from Yoohyeon's bag.