\ 28 /

SuA

The loud silence were driving me crazy. It reminds me of being alone in the mirror.

We return to our rendezvous point after wandering around the hall to find nothing. 

Without anyone's attention, I walked towards the door alone to test out the opening. I placed my palm against the invisible wall.

It pressed against the wall.

No luck.

      I sighed and return to the group in dissapointment. I sit on the stairs next to Jimin, who never said a word after he woke up. I caught Jin glancing at him from time to time.

"What's with Jin?" I asked him.

      Jimin hesitated to answered, as if he was thinking if he should zip his mouth or talk it out. He was fidgeting on his seat, readjusting his sitting position.

He shrugged his shoulders. "Maybe I did something wrong", he finally found his voice to speak.

"Well, did you?" I asked him.

".....I did."

"How come?" I asked again.

      He hesitated again, uncomfortable on the stairs. His eyes look around the room until he met mine.

"I almost killed No Name."

      I was about to gasp when he manage to close my mouth with his hand on time. He nervously looked around one more time. No one seems to notice us.

      He let go. "For heaven's sake, SuA", he muttered under his breath. I looked at him in disbelief. "So it happens before we met her at the doll room?"

He nodded quickly, wanting to end the conversation.

Beneath the abrupt silence, I heard cracking sounds, coming from everywhere.

But there's no sign of cracks in the wooden house.

Everyone stood up from their respective seats, looking around anxiously as the cracking sounds got louder. The sound increases its loudness, this time it was like cracking skulls.

I eyed everywhere.
The ceiling, the wall, the floor.

Until I saw fine lines spreading the floor from the foot of the stairs.

It was just below Hoseok's feet.

"Hoseok—!" I screamed but the floor broke into a hollow, uneven circle. Gravity pulled Hoseok into the circle, followed by his echoed scream.

Everyone who sat on the stairs rushed towards the hollow, including me. I leaned forward, a wash of relief bathed my heart as Hoseok was grabbing on the mouth of the circle for dear life.

Namjoon, Jin, Yoohyeon and I caught hold each of his arms. He was screaming as if he was in pain, shouting at us to pull him up quickly. We pulled, another force was pulling him down.

Then I saw what's down there.

      A mass of black gel hands was swarming below him, climbing each other's hand to grab Hoseok. Panic was beneath the erupted chaos.

The slimy sound itself makes my skin crawl.

We quickly pulled him up, disobeying another pulling force from the dark abyss. Our efforts worth it as we succeed pulling Hoseok out of the abyss. The lower part of his black trousers has burning spots, almost exposing his knees. His skin has red rashes, a light injuries that with a touch of healing from both Jungkook and Dami can fully treat the rash.