|12|

Gahyeon

       I was lying on a bed, my back against the comfy mattress and a silky cotton blanket against my body.

      I fluttered my eyes open and stretched my arms as I woke up in a sitting position.

I was alone in a familiar room.

      I looked around the room next to the room Jungkook and I rests. There was old dusty furnitures. Pretty much everything a bedroom would have.

      I noticed there's a rectangular mirror at the right side of the bed hanging on the wall. I sprung up from the bed and stood in front of the mirror, staring at my own reflection.

But something is odd about this mirror.

      Mirror were supposed to be solid. But what I'm seeing is the mirror is fluid. The image of my being wobbling from the refraction of water waves.

      I hesitated to touch it as I'm having second thoughts about this. Until I heard screaming and yelling, begging for desperate help.

And I happen to recognize her voice.

I started to panic.

      I don't know what to do but the only choice is to enter the mirror world to save her.

      But the thought of entering the mirror realm makes my skin crawl, the fact that only the dead one can surpass it—

      I shake off the ridiculous thought. Of course it's Jimin, the dead one. Despite the thought, I was unsure of it.

      I stepped closer towards the mirror and raised my finger. I inhaled a deep breath and pressed my finger against the object, my finger and my reflection's finger touched each other.

      At first, it was the circular water waves surrounding my single finger when suddenly a force pulled me into the mirror.

      I shrieked and pulled my finger away out of impulse. A chill ran down my spine, fear overwhelmed me.

      "Go", a familiar voice commanded me from behind.

       I turned around to see Handong, standing there in a white dress.

       Wasn't she went through the Changing and her dress turned black?

"What?" I blurted.

"Go. Save her", she said blankly.

      I hesitated once again but I braved myself to face the mirror, my image turns into a distorted shape. I bit my lip nervously.

"We don't have enough time", Handong warned.

      I slumped my shoulders. I tried to calm myself and think positive.

If I back up now, SuA will be dead.
I won't let that happen.

      I put a finger against the mirror once again. This time, I didn't resist the pulling force and let my whole body consumed by the mouth of the mirror.

      All I could remember is the immense cold against my skin.

***

  I woke up drenched in cold sweat. I sucked in deep, uneven breaths into my lungs desperately that I almost choke. Then I noticed someone was grabbing my shoulders to calm me down.