|15|

She wanted to breath, but she doesn't feel the sucked air into her lungs.

She wanted to eat, but hunger was never in her favor.

She can touch the land and soil, the cold and warm, the smooth and the coarse.

She was frustrated and confused.

So she drowned herself into the river, although she is already dead.

Until a young lad spotted her body at the shore and brought her home with care.

***

      I opened my eyes and winced out of the fatigue. Drowsiness forces my eyes to close again, but sleep never came to greet. I rubbed my head and glanced at a familiar figure, her back facing me.

      "Oh my God, you're awake!" Yoohyeon excitedly said and rushed to my side, grabbing my hand.

      She looked at me worryingly, examining me thoroughly. I squinted my eyes, the drowsiness was heavy. " I was so worried about you. You stepped into the room looking terrible", she stated.

      I snorted a laugh. "Thank you for the compliment", I said sarcastically and brought my arm against my head.  Then I remembered what happened yesterday, like a snap of a finger.

      My mood toned down into none other than sorrow.

      The door suddenly open to reveal Hoseok before he closed the door behind him. "Good, you're finally awake", he said with relief. I hesitated to smile back at him, but I tried, even if it was a brief smile.

      Hoseok looked at Yoohyeon. "I need to be alone with her. It won't take long", he requested.

      Yoohyeon circled her eyes and looked at us alternately, before her pink lips stretched into a mischievous smirk.

      "Okay, if you want it so~", she cooed. She eyed me at the corner of her eyes with a playful pout. I laughed through my nose and shake my head. I feel better bit by bit.

      Just as she closed the door behind her, Hoseok sit at the edge of the bed. "What's up with her?", he asked me. I shrugged nonchalantly and let my head drop to the side.

"No clue."

      Heavy silence echoed the room, the air were strangely intense more than awkward. My mind lingers with thoughts as time passed by.

      "......where were you during the attack?" Hoseok asked. I tensed up, loss of words to answer his sudden question. Even if I were to lie, my mind jammed to come up with words.

      I decided to leave him unanswered, avoiding eye contact with him.

      He sighed and scratched the back of his head. "You don't need to tell me now. I can wait", he muttered.

Silence.

"...You're the one who lit up the beast into flames, right?"

      I quietly gulped despite the unnatural feeling of my dry throat. I hummed a yes without looking at him in that moment.