Chapter 4: In The Night (Hannah)

"Skinny dipping?" Justin sounded on the verge of breaking into another laughing fit. I glanced toward my window.

"Yes, Justin. I heard them. I don't think they knew I was awake." He snorted.

"You should come over, Han. I mean, won't Dado get all suspicious if you're home and Hails not?" I kicked my comforter off of me, finishing the knot on my shoe lace.

"Skinny dipping sounds fun to me. How about you pick me up and we head back to your house for your pool? Dad will hear that ancient car if I try to start it." I heard Justin laugh on the other end.

"Yeah, because I totally won't get in trouble if I bring my girlfriend to our indoor pool at midnight." He paused, "Have you met my parents?"

"They love me." I responded.

"Eh." He joked, but I could hear the sound of him digging for his keys on the other end.

"Are they doing it right now?" He questioned.

"Dunno, probably not since this is what Hailey we're talking about. She's scared to wear a bikini, Justin." I heard the sound of a door shut.

"Even though I'm sure she'd look sexy it." He replied, his voice lowering to a whisper.

"Excuse me? Justin, you do realize you're on the phone with your girlfriend, right?"

"I'm only saying that because I've seen how great you look in one." I felt warmth spread through my cheeks at the compliment.

He stayed quiet for a few minutes, obviously making his way through his house. He finally let out a loud sigh once he was outside, the sound of crickets almost cutting it out.

"I have succeeded on the impossible mission of rescuing my fair maiden." He said in a mock English accent.

"Justin." I groaned, trying my best not to laugh, "You're such a dork."

"Davidson, Justin Davidson." He responded, as if he hadn't heard my previous comment at all-or had chose to ignore it.

"No more James Bond for Justy." I sighed, heading for my already open bedroom window and pushing it up.

"You can't take that away from me, Hannah. James Bond is my life." I shook my head in amusement as I slid my phone into my sweatshirt pocket for a moment and climbed out. I brought my phone back to my ear, listening to Justin hum along to the song on the radio of his car, incredibly out of tune.

"Well, someone's not the next American Idol." I muttered to myself, but I heard him laugh.

"My voice is amazing, thank you very much." He replied.

"If by amazing you mean making ears bleed, then sure, babe, keep singing." I leaned against the railing of my porch as I watched the street for my boyfriend's car. Considering his phone was on speakerphone, it was hard to hear if he was close or not.

"You love to break my fragile ego, don't you, baby?" He said.

"You know it, Justin." He continued to hum along to the song until his Ferarri slowed to a stop by the curb. I sent a quick look over my shoulder at my house before jogging toward it, smiling when I found Justin raising his eyebrows.

"My little rebel." He leaned forward and kissed me quickly before pulling away before the car woke Dad up. I picked up his phone from the cup holder and scanned through his playlist. A text popped up before I could hit a song.

"Justin, why are you talking to Mason right now?" I quirked an eyebrow, feeling a smirk tugging at my lips, "Oh My God, are you giving him advice on how to finally make a move on Hail?" My boyfriend shrugged, acting as if it weren't a big deal.