Chapter 46: Congratulations & Johnny's A Pervert

"Miss Jacobs." Judge Joan greeted me before asking the others to step out of earshot since the results are private. "I have bad and good news in regards to your pieces."

Crap. "Bad news first please." I don't want to dwell on what it could be.

"None of them won any of the awards." She broke it to me.

"That's fine." I brushed it off. "Are they staying in the gallery?"

"Yes, of course." She nodded. "They'll stay through the whole four weeks."

"Oh good." I felt the tense in my shoulders disappear.

"And the good news." She looked down at her clipboard. "All of your pieces have offers."

"What?" I didn't understand what she was saying.

"Unfinished Manuscripts has an offer of two hundred, Mother and Daughters has an offer for three hundred and the man asked if you could a similar piece of him and his twin sons for five." She read off her notes. "And The Perfect Family has an offer of twelve hundred. All are willing to go higher."

"Seriously?" I asked her. Mason will be happy about not bringing Mother and Daughters home.

"Yes, and here is the information for each buyer." She handed me a piece of paper. "And the Peters gave you the information for Sells, right?"

"Yeah, they sent it with the acceptance notice." I told her and accepted the piece of paper. "Thank you."

"It's not a problem and congratulations." She smiled at me before walking to the pieces next to mine. "Do you happen to know where Mr. Michaels is at? I have his results as well."

"Oh yeah." I pointed down the hall. "He just left a minute or two ago to show his kids the sculptures."

"Thank you." She nodded and left.

"So what award did you win?" Hannah ran up to me the second Judge Joan left.

"Nothing." I laughed and folded up the paper I had been given.

"What?" She asked. "You totally should've won something."

"I did win, just not awards." I handed Mason the folded up paper. "I don't have pockets."

"Yeah, no problem." He took the paper from me and slid it into his jacket. "So what did you win?"

"A lot of money." I smiled at them all. "Each of my pieces got an offer and the buyers are willing to go higher. One of them even commissioned me."

"Holy shit." Mason smiled widely and kissed my cheek. "Good job, Babe."

"That's amazing!" Hannah threw her arms around me and hugged me. "You're gonna be famous real soon."

"Sure I will." I hugged her back. "It's gonna take a lot more shows, galleries, and commissions though."

"I know." She pulled away first. "We need to celebrate, now."

"I have to be here the full three hours." I reminded her. "So you're gonna have to put the celebrating on hold for the moment."

"Fine, and I'll text Johnny just in case he doesn't make it back." She rolled her eyes. "Show us around then?"

"That's my job." Mason tossed an arm around my twin's shoulder.

*****

"My feet are dead." Hannah complained as we all piled into a booth at the diner.

"You're the one who decided to wear heels." Johnny told her as he slid in next to her.

"Well you didn't tell me it was a bad idea." She muttered under her breath as she read over the menu.