Epilogue: To Forever (Hailey)

3 years later

"Mas-" I walked into our bathroom and instantly walked out. "Put some clothes on! Oh my god."

"Hails, you've seen me naked many many times." Mason replied from the bathroom. "Some of those times have been in this very bathroom."

I shook my head and resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "So are the clothes on the bed dirty then?"

"No, they're clean." He poked his head out and gave me a lopsided grin. "Wanna join me?"

"And that's why I said to put clothes on." I pushed him into the bathroom and walked into our bedroom. "You immediately ask if I wanna have sex."

"Nine out ten times you say yes." He sang.

"I will beat your ass, Babe." I sorted the laundry he dumped on our bed. "Why didn't you take a shower before doing the laundry?"

"Some of the guys and I had to go to morning practice at six." I could barely hear him over the water and through the walls.

After sorting the clothes into where they go, I folded Mason's boxers then placed them on his side of the underwear drawer when my fingers brushed against something hard and smooth.

My fingers wrapped around the small object and pulled it out from its spot hidden away between Mason's boxers. It was a small pale blue box from the jewelry store a couple of miles from the apartment; they always have necklaces and rings displayed in their windows in the same boxes.

I opened the box and nearly dropped it because I wasn't expecting to see a ring for some reason. I pulled the ring out of the box for a closer look while setting the box on top of the dresser.

It was a gold band with two ends curving in and a dark blue gem set between them. Beautiful yet simple.

I slid it on my left ring finger and smiled when it fit perfectly, so of course today is a rare day when Mason only takes five seconds in the shower.

"Babe, can you bring me a towel, please?" I scrambled to put the box back and grabbed Mason a towel.

"Here." I opened the door enough to hand him the towel. "Forgot that you did the towels too?"

"Yeah." He took it from me before emerging from the bathroom a few seconds later, wet and the towel low on his hips. "How did your meeting go? I forgot to ask you when you got home."

I pulled my eyes away from his body and up to his face while praying he won't say anything about my blush coated face. "Good, I just need a few more classes, but they're all Fall and Spring classes."

"Does that mean you have time to work on your commissions and portfolio this summer?" His hands went to my hips as he pushed me out of the doorway. "I'll finish the laundry."

"It does, so don't be surprised if there are larger than normal deposits in our account." I stepped to the side and walked backwards to the kitchen. "I'm fully capable of doing laundry you know."

"But you wanted to make brownies for dinner tonight." He raised his eyebrows. "Which is in about three hours."

"Fuck." I went to the small kitchen and starting gathering everything I needed for brownies while Mason went to get dressed and finish the laundry. "So why have you taken it upon yourself to do always be the one doing laundry these last couple of weeks? Are you hiding your porn between your folds or something?"

"I haven't looked at porn in years, Hails." He said from our bedroom. "Why would I when you enjoy sex as much as I do?"

"At least he stopped calling it baby practice." I muttered to myself before continuing my questioning. "Then why are you always the one doing laundry?"