Chapter 7: Me & My Girls (Hailey)

"So why did Mason ask me about getting laid when?" Hannah asked as I finished up dinner.

"Well, you were pretending to be me." I stir the pasta around before turning the burner off.

"Why are you helping Mason with getting laid?" She hopped up onto the counter.

"Because he asked me to." I shrugged and went to get the strainer. "What about you? Made a decision about having sex with Justin?"

"I don't know yet." She sighed. "Why don't you suggest Mason sleep with you?"

"Because I don't want to have sex in high school nor do I want to have a one night stand." I set the strainer in the sink and went to get the pasta.

"Who says it'll be a one night stand?" Hannah wiggled her eyebrows at me. "It could be the first of many nights."

"Did you not hear about the not wanting to have sex in high school part?" I looked over at her as I dumped the pasta.

"Didn't you make a list all about wanting to have the cliché high school experience?" She picked my phone up when it started buzzing. "Sophia sent you a text."

"I did, but it has nothing do with my sex life." I turned the sauce off and moved it back. "What is Soph texting me about?"

"English homework." I nodded and got what dishes and utensils we would need.

"It's just what classwork you didn't finish." I told her. "Dinner's ready."

"Okay." She hopped down after sending the text to Sophia. "You know, we haven't done a Girls Night in forever."

"Yeah." I agreed with her. "Stupid boys with their drama."

"I'll text Soph after dinner and ask her if she wants to hangout this weekend." Hannah said before going to get Dad.

*****

"Move it." Sophia sat between Hannah and me with the bowl of popcorn in her lap.

"We did." I poked her. "Or did you not noticed the large gap between us?"

"Hush." Hannah clicked Play on the movie menu. "It's starting."

"How did we end up watching Beauty and the Beast?" I asked them.

"Because you suck at putt putt golf." Sophia laughed before tossing a couple of pieces of popcorn into her mouth.

"I wasn't that bad." I grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"You lost by over thirty points." Hannah reminded me. "I'm happy you didn't win."

"Why?" I bit my lip and snuck a glance at my phone; Mason still hasn't texted me back.

"Because neither of us wanted to watch The Notebook." Sophia shuddered.

"I wasn't gonna pick The Notebook." I rolled my eyes. "We don't own it."

"We don't?" Hannah asked.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"And you don't have your own copy?" Sophia turned to look at me.

"No." I popped some popcorn into my mouth.

"But that's right up your alley." She frowned before turning back and watching the movie.

"It is, but I hate it for personal reasons." I curled up against the arm of the couch and checked my phone again. Still no text, so I sent him a text asking why he wasn't talking to me.