Chapter 20: Red Faced (Hailey)

"Where is it?" I searched my desk for my hairbrush but couldn't find it. "Maybe Hannah borrowed it again."

I exited my room and knocked on our bathroom door before opening. "Hey, do you-oh my god!"

"Hailey!" Justin quickly covered himself up while I slammed the door shut again.

"Why are you naked in our bathroom?" I was panicking on the inside. Does Dad know Justin's here?

"I took a shower." He sounded equally freaked out.

"And you couldn't do that in one of the dozen of showers at your house?" I started rubbing my eyes in hopes of removing them from my head.

"Your Dad and Hannah didn't tell you?" He sounded more confused than freaked now.

"That you were showering here? No!" I yelled.

"No, that I was moving in." I heard the bathroom door open.

"Dad is letting you move in?" I turned my head to look at a fully dressed Justin. "Are we being invaded by Body Snatchers?"

"No." Justin shook his head. "Your Dad is really letting me move in."

"Sleeping in our old nursery?" I asked.

"Yeah." He shoved his hands into his pockets and rocked back and forth on his feet.

"I'm not telling anyone about what just happened because my brain is already blocking it out." I stopped in my doorway and looked back at him. "Hey, Just."

"Hm?" He looked up at me.

"Do you know who Mase would be buying flowers for or why?" I asked him.

"Maybe he got some for you." He shrugged and went into the bathroom.

"Why though?" I leaned against my doorway and crossed my arms over my chest. "It's too soon for my birthday and he already apologized for being a dumbass in August."

"Wouldn't it be a little too late to be getting you flowers if it was for the whole thing in August?" Justin raised his eyebrows at me before gathering his things.

"Yeah." I nodded. "Maybe he has a date with Ella."

"Who?"

"My coworker." I pushed myself off my doorway and went into my room. "I'm setting them up."

"You're setting your crush up with one of your coworkers?" He makes it seem so scandalous.

"I'm setting my best friend up with a coworker of mine." I rolled my eyes and resumed my search for my hairbrush.

"So you're moving past denying your crush on Mase as your first response now?" He teased me as I opened my window.

"Never." I saw Mason heading towards my window, so I went ahead and removed my screen. "I was just correcting you."

"So you don't know why Mason was buying flowers?" Justin didn't seem to notice Mason climbing through my window.

"What about me and flowers?" Mason asked Justin, who jumped five feet in the air.

"How the fuck-?" Justin started to ask, but I pointed at my window. "Your Dad should be worrying about you two instead of me and Han."

"Why?" I asked as I moved past my best friend to put my screen back. "There's nothing between Mase and I."

*****

"Wait, what?" Sophia laughed when I told her about what happened with Justin.

"I walked in on him getting out of the shower." I laid down on my bed and pulled my phone away from my ear. "It's not that funny."

"It's hilarious." She kept laughing. "Does Han know?"

"She's still at work." I sighed. "Of course she has to work two days in row."

"We could go annoy her..." Sophia started to suggest.

"No, she's helping train some newbies." I told her. "Hey, have you done your Senior pictures thing?"

"Yeah, I did that in July." I could hear her rolling her eyes. "You?"

"Hannah and I did them a few days ago." I let out a quiet sigh.

"You okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I sat up again. "How are you, Soph?"

"Good." She stopped for a second before continuing. "I'm thinking about staying quiet on the whole Coach thing."

"Really?" I wasn't really shocked. "Why?"

"Well, I consented to having sex with him." She sighed. "And I don't really regret it? Because now I don't have to worry about guys freaking out about me being a virgin."

"Guys do get super weird about that, don't they?" I mused.

"Yeah. Hey, can you not Hannah about this? I don't want her to know just yet because she has this idea that I didn't consent." I nodded even though she couldn't see me.

"Of course, Soph." I heard the front door open and the boys' voices carrying through the house. "I wouldn't have said anything anyway, it's not my place."

"Thanks, Hail. I have to go sadly." She said.

"Me too, the boys are back." I groaned dramatically before exchanging goodbyes and hanging up.

"Fuck." Mason swore as I walked out of my room.

"What?" I asked them when I saw them standing in the doorway of Justin's new room.

"We forgot to move everything out of the room first." Justin rubbed his forehead.

"You're idiots." I pushed past them. "Come on."  

***AN***

We hope you enjoyed! 

Let us know what you thought! 

~ChasingMadness24