Chapter 48: One Last Time (Hailey)

"No bra?" I nearly had a heartattack when Mason spoke from the doorway.

"Mason!" I pressed the front of my dress to my chest as I spun around to face him. "What the fuck?"

"Just commenting." He shrugged and walked into our room. "So are you going full commando or just half?"

"Half?" I shook my head and turned back around. "The dress has a built in bra and fits better without a bra. Zip me up?"

"Of course." I felt one hand brush between my shoulder blades as he held the ends close and zipped me up with the other hand. "Ready?"

"Well we still have an hour before we need to be there." I sat down on our bed with a sigh. "It's bittersweet."

"I can't say the same." He sat next to me and laced his fingers with mine.

"Shouldn't you go get dressed?" I asked him since he was still in jeans and a tee shirt.

"It takes me like two seconds to change." He said and we sat in silence for a few moments.

"It won't be until this time next year that we can share a bed once summer ends." Mason broke the silence.

"What?" I laughed at the random statement.

"Because both of our scholarships require us to stay in the dorms freshman year, and I'm positive dorm rooms aren't coed." He said. "We could end up in the same hall, but not the same room."

"Well, Han is my roommate, so I doubt she'll mind if you crash as long as we don't, you know." I tried not to laugh or blush at my words.

"What, fuck?" Mason asked and I busted out laughing. "Well, Johnny would love it if she hung out with him..."

"And what?" I asked him. "Fuck?"

We looked at each other and started laughing our asses off. I don't have to worry about this ending with high school; I never have to worry about my friendship with Mason ending because we've been through a lot together and came out stronger.

"Three guesses on what Johnny is gonna give us as a Graduation present." I smiled at him as he got up and walked over to the dresser.

"A lei of condoms to match his." Mason answered.

"Probably, do you want me to leave so you can change?" I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear as I asked.

"I'm not changing." I heard a drawer close before Mason walked back to me holding a binder.

"What's that?" I tried to read what it said but Mason turned it away from me. "Your five year plan?"

"No." He shook his head as he opened it and flipped through it. "It's the reason why I was in the library so much the last week or so. My handwriting is fucking terrible."

"You were required to type all assignments." I reminded him. "So what is it?"

"My...diary of sorts." He handed me the binder and tapped the page on the right. "Read that."

"Oh my God, I finally get to read the diary of Mason Banks." I gasped as I read what he told me to.

"After trying to steal it from me for years." I felt him move closer to me and rest his chin on my shoulder.

"It's a love note." I said as I got to the end of the page. "I was too busy reading to say it before now. Is that why I wasn't allowed to even look at it? Because it's nothing but love notes?"

"Yeah." He pressed a kiss to my temple. "And it's easier to ask you to help me get laid then explain why I was actually saying I need you."

"What?" I leaned back a little to look at him properly.