Chapter 41: Night Changes (Hannah)

I could feel the world swaying around me as the smell of expensive cologne burnt my nose.

"You're such a lightweight, Han." Johnny's chuckle vibrated through his chest and against my back. I was too exhausted, and drunk, to try and squirm out of his grip.

"You realize I left my party, at my house, just so I could bring you home, right?" at this point, I wasn't sure if he was expecting a response or just humoring himself, so I kept my mouth shut and pretended to be delirious in his arms.

I had just enough time to see Justin's car parked against the curb before Johnny shifted me in his arms and knocked at the door. I lowered my head back against his chest, not having enough energy to see if my father was home or not. I really didn't care either way.

"Carson? What are you doing here, man?" Justin's voice was groggy, he sounded as if he'd been asleep.

"Oh, I don't know. I was taking a long midnight stroll and thought I'd come by and drop her off." I was shifted, my head bobbing back and forth against Johnny's hard chest.

"What the hell?" Justin finally seemed to notice me in Mason's teammates arms. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine. Drunk as hell, but fine. Mind if I lay her down?" Johnny questioned, his voice dropping as if he thought them talking so loud would stir me awake. I groaned when I felt myself being laid against a soft surface, the familiar scent gone.

"What happened?" Justin asked, sitting at the end of the couch beside me, his eyes lingering on me for a moment. He obviously couldn't see that my eyes were half open, and I was relieved.

Johnny threw himself back into the recliner, stretching his arms behind his head.

"She came to my party again, man. Got hammered." he shrugged, yawning, "Don't worry, I had an eye on her all night. Not complaining about it either. Man, does she look good in tight clothes." I could hear the taunting in Johnny's voice, and for a second I thought Justin might stand up and fight Johnny until he left. Instead, Justin bowed his head and rubbed his index fingers against his temples.

"She told me about you guys." Johnny went on when Justin didn't say anything, "What the fuck is wrong with you, man?"

"Excuse me?" Justin's head whipped up in surprise.

"This is Hannah, bro. Do you know how many guys on the team would love to get their hands on her? Don't get me wrong, I love Hailey too, but Hannah's always been more outgoing and fun. Not to mention she isn't afraid to show some skin." I would have blushed if I hadn't been so drunk and exhausted.

"Come on, man." Justin groaned, "I really don't think you know what the hell you're talking about."

"Do you love her?" Johnny asked suddenly, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees.

"Of course." Justin breathed out, turning his sad eyes back to me.

"Then why the hell would you throw all that away for some bullshit thing like sex?" Johnny pointed his finger at Justin in a scolding manner. "Look man, this is coming for someone that's had more chicks in bed then money you have in your bank account. It's nothing. All those chicks from school, the hookers my dad bought me, they're nothing. You know why? Because there's no intimacy there. It's just sex. Sure it feels good, but man, I could only imagine what it feels like when you do it with someone you love."

I could see Justin flinch at the words, his eyes trained on the carpet under his feet, lips thinning out.

"Four years." was all he responded to Johnny with.