Chapter 29: Living On The Edge (Hailey)

I weaved through the sweaty bodies as I looked for Johnny. No one knew I was here, and I doubt they would believe it if they were told anyway.

I ducked into the kitchen and saw him leaning against the counter sipping something out of a red solo cup.

"Johnny." I slid up next to him as he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He scanned the crowd.

"I'm Hailey." I rolled my eyes and bent down to rub my ankles. Why did I decide to wear the heels Sophia got me?

"I know." He was laughing at me.

"Really?" I stared at him in shock.

"The necklace." He pointed his cup at my collarbone. "Mason was telling Carter about how he couldn't find that kind of set. I gave him the website my sister used to get one for her and her girlfriend."

"Oh." I started fidgeting with my necklace.

"What do you want, Jacobs?" He took another sip.

"I need your help." I wrapped my arms around myself.

"My help?" He raised his eyebrows again. "Why not Mason or Carter?"

"Because you're the slut." I told him and was surprised when he started laughing.

"I'm not sleeping with you." I said. "I..."

"Is this about what I said in Sex Ed during the skits?" He sat his cup down and gave me his full attention.

"Kinda." I shrugged. "Even though my dad is the Sex Ed teacher, I know nothing."

"Again, why not Mason?" He leaned forward and tapped my necklace.

"Because he's busy packing." I swallowed deeply. They were gonna leave yesterday, but something came up last minute.

"So it's not a rumor." Johnny bowed his head before speaking again. "So what exactly do you need my help with?"

"Sex stuff." We both winced at the words that left my mouth.

"I'm not getting my ass kicked by your sister." He warned me. "And I'm not sleeping with you."

"I'm not telling anyone about this, and if you don't help me there's other guys." I lightly punched his shoulder. "And I don't want to sleep with you. I'm too young to get an STD."

"I'm clean." He dumped his drink and grabbed my wrist. "So you just want me to show you want Second Base is like?"

"Pretty much." I nodded as we headed upstairs and into what I assumed was his room.

"Mason's gonna kill me." Johnny shut the door while I kicked my heels off.

"For that to happen he'll need to know about this." I sat on his bed and watched him walk over and sit next to me.

"And you're totally comfortable with this?" Johnny looked me in the eye.

"Yes." I nodded. "You?"

"As long as we don't pass Second." He kicked his shoes off and they landed by my heels. "Over or under the shirt?"

"Over."

*****

"Let's never talk about this." I started laughing at Johnny's red face.

"Please." He was laughing with me. "Your what's it called is running."

"Shit." I wiped my cheek and sure enough there were black tears. "Can I go wipe it off in your bathroom or is that Third Base?"