Chapter 16: Training Wheels (Hailey)

"Again, thank you." Carter thanked me as I got out of his car.

"It's not a problem, Carter." I told him as I grabbed my jacket. "See you Monday?"

"Yeah." He gave me a quick wave before pulling out of the driveway.

"Tell Kevin I say hi!" I shouted after him before heading inside. "I'm home!"
"How was the party?" Dad asked from the kitchen.

"It was good." I slid my shoes off and carried them to my room. "Carter's Grandma is hilarious."
"He's a good kid." I stopped at the voice he was using, it was the 'I would approve of him if you dated him' voice.

"Yeah, me and his boyfriend think that as well." I told him before continuing to my room.

"Hey, Hail." Hannah grabbed my arm right as I got to my doorway.

"Hey, Hannah." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I was thinking about going for a drive if you wanna come." She bit her lip as she waited for my answer.

"Sure, just give me a sec." I nodded and she dropped my arm.

"Okay." She darted back into her room.

I quickly tossing my jacket on the back of my desk chair, grabbed my camera, and slid my shoes back on.

"Ready?" She was pulling her hair up into a ponytail when she asked.

"Yeah, got your keys?"
"In my purse." She patted her bag as we headed out. "We're gonna go out for a drive, Dad!"

"Stay safe and no boys!" He yelled after us.

"I thought you would be hanging out with Mason today?" Hannah asked me as we got in the car.

"Was going to but then his Mom decided to drag him along to her open house today." I buckled in and rolled my window down.

"He should be more careful when he comes over." Hannah said once we were far from our house.

"What do you mean?" Did Dad almost catch us?

"Last night I couldn't sleep, and I saw you and Mase." She tapped her fingers on the steering wheel. "Dad came down the hall after I closed the door, but..."
"If you hadn't, he would've caught us." I leaned my head against the window frame and closed my eyes. "I'll keep my door close at night."
"He's gonna find out about Mason sleeping over, Hail." I felt her hand on my thigh.

"Again." I mumbled.

"What?" She asked.

"He use to know about Mason sleeping over before Mom..." I waved my hand. "Then Mason stopped coming over because they started doing family therapy after the incident in eighth grade."

"When did he start sleeping over again?" I felt her park the car.

"Few days after the first basketball game freshman year." I opened my eyes and glanced around the empty area we were in. "I thought they were building houses out here?"

"They have to wait on permits and stuff." Hannah shrugged. "What incident in eighth grade? I don't remember anything happening."

"It didn't happen during school hours." I rubbed my cheeks as I remembered my worse nightmare. "It's why Jessica hates me."

"What happened?" I felt her staring at me.

"He forgot to lunch, and I had a banana left over." I looked down at my lap. "I split it half and gave one half to him then we spent nearly two hours in the ER. We're lucky he didn't eat more than a bite."
"Why would you gave him a banana when you know he's allergic?" Hannah had her hand on my shoulder.

"That's how we found out." I shook my head and changed the subject. "Why are we here?"
"I'm going to teach you how to drive." She didn't question the change.

"That's illegal." I told but unbuckled nonetheless.

"I have a license." She said as we got out of the car.

"You're under twenty five, and minors need a person twenty five or older teaching them." I crossed my arms over my chest. "Dad had to have told you that when he taught you."

"Dad didn't teach me." She stared at me in confusion. "I took the Driver's Ed class the school offered."

"He always told me he taught you and it gave him too many grey hairs to teach me!" I took the keys from her and got in the driver's seat. 

"This feels weird.""The more you drive the more comfortable you'll get." Hannah comforted me as we buckled in again. 

"That's one's gas.""Okay." I made sure my foot was completely on that pedal and the other was only halfway, then I turned the car on. 

"If we get caught by the cops, I'm blaming you."  

***AN***

Hope you guys enjoyed! She did an amazing job with this, I love the whole sisterly friendship in this chapter

Let us know what you thought!

~ChasingMadness24