Chapter 42 pt 1: Under The Stars (Hailey)

"So are you and Justin back together?" Sophia asked Hannah who was changing into her dress.

"I don't know." Hannah answered.

"Ow, Soph!" I leaned away from her when she stabbed my scalp with a bobby pin. "Hairspray doesn't numb the skin."

"Sorry." She apologized and turned her attention back to pinning my curls up. "So how are you and Mase?"

"We're good." I told her. "He's picking up the corsage right now."

"Aw." I saw Sophia smile in the mirror. "I wish my boyfriend would buy me one."

"I'm sure he would if he wasn't a married staff member." Hannah stepped into Sophia's large bathroom.

"Damn." Sophia's eyes widen when she saw Hannah. "It looks better on you than it did in the picture."

"Thanks." She smoothed her hands on the long skirt of her dress; it started as a beautiful royal blue on the wide single strap then was deep black by the time your eyes reach the hem of the skirt and looked beautiful against her skin and hair. "I wasn't sure about the single strap."

"Can you finish pinning her hair?" Soph asked. "My dress takes forever getting into."

"Mermaid dresses always do with you." I teased her.

"Whatever!" She grabbed her orchid colored dress from a hook and ducked into her room.

"When are you and Mase getting together officially?" Hannah asked as she finished pinning my hair.

"I don't know." I shrugged and rubbed my palms against my skirt.

"Some risks are worth taking." She mumbled. "Just take it slow."

"No, we're gonna jump straight into marriage and try for a baby." I rolled my eyes and stood up once she finished.

"I thought you were breaking the tradition?" She winked at me and grabbed the curling iron.

"Hmm hm." I nodded and stared at my makeup on the counter. "I don't know what I want to do. Makeup wise"

"What about dark red lips and nude eyeshadow?" Hannah wrapped a piece of hair around the iron.

"I only had a bright red and tossed it because I left it in the truck." I shook my head, careful not to ruin my pretty updo.

"Soph should have some in one of her drawers." Hannah looked at the top drawer.

"Okay." I opened the drawer and was greeted with a box of twenty four condoms. "Oh my God."

"Wh-?" She started asking then saw what I was holding. "So I'm the only one with a condom free bathroom?"

"Yeah." I went to put the box back, but it fell out of my hand and landed on the ground; opened. "There's only one left."

"Ew, gross." Hannah winced and removed the iron from her hair, the curl falling against her cheek. "They had-no, I'm not thinking about that."

"Same." I laughed awkwardly as I shoved the condom into the box then the box into the drawer. "Here's the lipstick and thank God it's new!"

"Hail?" Sophia came back in with her hands pressed to her chest. "Zip me up?"

"Only if I can use this." I joked and held the lipstick up.

"You can have that." She said. "I tried it on the other day and it's just not a good color on me."

"Huh uh." I zipped up her dress then stepped away to do my makeup.

"So you and Mase are together?" Sophia asked me as I did my eyeliner.