In The Light (Hailey)

I looked up from my text when someone started pounding on the front door.

"If that's your sister, I'm killing her." Mason mumbled into my ear.

"Kill one twin, you kill both." I joked and untangled myself from him. "I'll be back."

"Babe, no." He called after me. "Don't leave me."

"I'm just letting my sister in!" I rolled my eyes and tugged his shirt down before leaving our room.

"I'm coming." I said as I got to the door. "Calm down."

"Where is she?" It was Justin on the other side of the door, not Hannah.

"Why should I tell you?" I wished I had put pants on before getting the door.

"Hailey, now isn't the time for you to be a bitch." He tried entering, but I blocked him and pushed him out of the doorway.

"Fuck off." I told him. "If you don't know where she is, then she doesn't want you to know."

"Tell me where my girlfriend is." He growled.

"I don't have to tell you shit." I said angrily. "Especially if it concerns my sister."

"What the fuck do you want?" I felt Mason stand behind me and wrap an arm around my waist.

"To know where my girlfriend is." Justin ignored me and started talking to Mason. "Has she texted you?"

"It's none of your business about what Hannah does." Mason said. "Keep harassing either of them, and I'll kick your ass."

On that note, Mason pulled me back into the apartment before shutting and locking the door. I walked over to the couch and sank down onto it.

"I can get your phone, so you can call her." Mason offered. "She'll understand if you don't want her to come over."

"No." I shook my head. "She's still sleeping."

"You sure?" He sat down next to me.

"Yeah, Johnny sent me a text letting me know she's safe at his place and is passed out." I pushed my hair out of my face and leaned against my boyfriend.

"Johnny?" Mason wrapped his arms around me and rest his chin on the top of my head. "As in Johnny Carson?"

"The one and only." I said. "I think Carter's right about Johnny having a crush on Han."

"Because he let her crash at his place?" Mason asked.

"And other things." I sighed and curled up into him. "Johnny told me he's going to kick Justin's ass."

"Why?"

"He left bruises on her." My throat felt tight. "And she was crying."

"He couldn't have gotten far." Mason started unwrapping his arms, but I gripped them with all of my might.

"Mason." I said with an edge. "He's not worth it, and Hannah made the choice to have sex with him."

"I know it was her choice to sleep with him." He stood up, and I fell back on the couch. "You okay?"

"Fine." I gave him a thumbs up. "What are-"

At that moment I heard Walt's door open and someone walking out. Mason raised his eyebrows and waved.

"Morning, Faith." I pushed myself up and looked over the back of the couch.

Sure enough, Faith was walking into the living room in one of Walt's button downs.