Chapter 22 pt2: Champagne In Paper Cups (Hannah)

"Not even a Happy Birthday?"

I gasped dramatically, throwing my hand over my chest as Justin slowed to a stop in front of me with a lopsided smile.

Despite him living with us, he hadn't really been around all that much. He was at practice, studying the plays of the basketball team in case someone fell through and he'd have to fill in. Or out trying to find a summer job to help pay for college next year, in case he didn't get a scholarship.

"I literally just approached you, Han." He kissed me quickly, "Happy Birthday, beautiful."

"Corny." I grumbled, crossing my arms over my chest as I smile tugged at my lips, "Where's my present?"

"I'm right here, thank you very much." He gestured toward himself, winking. I smacked his chest, shaking my head.

"Seriously." I replied.

"That seriously hurt my feelings, " he feigned hurt, "I'm sorry I'm not good enough for you."

He lowered his head, pretending to be embarrassed as he dug through his jacket pockets. He pulled out an envelope.

"So you remember when you told me that if I sent your application for UCLA in you'd beat me with a bat? Well, baby, I think you better go find my bat. Should be in my trunk." I gaped at him, tearing the envelope from his grip and opening it.

"Justin, I told you- Oh My God! I got in! Justin, I got in!" I was screaming so loud I caught the attention of most of the hallway, everyone staring at me as if I had escaped an institution.

"That's not my present though, you'll have to wait until later for that." he kissed my temple before ducking into the classroom beside me, seconds before the first bell rang, leaving me to stare after him in a mixture of excitement and confusion.

*

"Hail!" I caught up to Hailey seconds before she climbed on the bleachers to find a seat. She frowned, turning around to face me with an arched eyebrow.

"Yes? What are you so frantic about?" She shook her head, looking like she were trying to decided whether to be worried or annoyed.

"I need a pad." I avoided her eyes, feeling warmth spread through my cheeks.

"You could have sent me a text." She mumbled, taking a pad and handed it to me, "You're not having a very good month, are you?"

"Nope." I sighed, thanking her as I ducked out of the Gym and darted toward the bathrooms.

Once I was done, I nearly punched Justin in the face when I felt his arms wrap around my waist outside the door.

"You scared the crap out of me." I gasped, "I thought you were a creep."

"Sorry, babe." He handed me two gift bags, an excited look in his eyes.

"You couldn't wait to give these to me at home?" I asked, laughing as I set one down and started to open it.

The first was a charm bracelet I'd had my eye on for almost two years and would bug Justin about constantly whenever we went to the mall. I was about to ask what the second thing was when I caught sight of it and fell into a fit of laughter, gripping his arm to keep from collapsing.

"Well, I'm glad you liked your gifts." I had to hold the bridge of my nose to calm down, my cheeks flushed entirely as he stared down at me in amusement. Once I had regained my composure I pulled out the package of pads and whacked him continuously with it before falling into another fit of laughter.