chapter four.

rose.

Life in prison was s.hit. I was treated like some type of whore, every guard I got deciding to pat my bum. I seemed to be the youngest here, everyone looked old, smelly and quite big in size. I didn't see how they didn't lose the weight, the food here was bland, the exercise they make us do is tiresome and we didn't get much food anyways. I swear they make us exercise just so they can check us out. I've been wearing the same bra and knickers for three days now; disgusting.

I was glad I had time to send Lucy to Zayn before it was too late. I knew I was going to come here, knowing the stupid camera caught me stealing the loaf of bread and the other stuff in my bag... I was surprised Zayn took her in, knowing he obviously didn't want me in his life.

My thoughts were interrupted by the bulky security guard, unlocking my cell.

"You have your 15 minute call today, nobody's called so it's yours to make." I am lead out, his hand on my wrist as we made our way to the telephone area where there was a time limit of fifteen minutes, exactly.

"Can I have the number that called me yesterday?" I ask the big man.

"Anything for you, sweet cheeks." His left eye dropped into a disgusting wink as he went off to search the call logs. He remembered to slap my backside, causing me to squeal. The name sweet cheeks had a double meaning.

The call was soon dialling, my bum shifting on the uncomfortable plastic seat.

"'ello?" His voice sounded so pristine, like puberty barely did anything to him.

"Zayn, can you put Luce on the phone, please." I ask politely, not wanting to waste my minutes.

A few minutes passed before my daughter greeted me.

"Mummy!"

"Hello Luce, how are you?"

"I good, the house weally big!"

"Is it?" I tried to sound surprised, even though I'm not. It's quite obvious he would have a huge house, he's in the biggest boyband in the world!

"Yes! Zayn buy pencils for me to dwaw!" I mentally cooed at her lack of capability of pronouncing the letter 'r'.

"Zayn?" Why is she calling her own dad by his first name?

"He name Zayn?" She sounded confused, it was evident in her small voice.

"He's your daddy!" I exclaim, has he been treating her right?!

"No he not! Pewwie say!"

"Luce, I love you, I need to go now. You tell Zayn, to talk to me before I need to go."

"Okay, I love you mummy."

"I love you much more Luce," my voice was soft, but as soon as Zayn greeted me, I grew angry.

"What are you doing?! She is your daughter!" I try to make my voice quieter but the security guard glanced over.

"I know,"

"Then why the f.uck is she calling you by your name. I don't care who this Perrie chick is but you fix your act Malik, I swear to god."

"It's not my fault I'm engaged! Why did you have to get into jail?"

"I know it's my fault, but I let you meet her and- oh f.uck this. Her name is Lucy Matthews for a reason. Once I get her back, don't expect to see her again."

"I wouldn't count on it, I love Per-"

The call ended, causing me to groan, one more second was needed to pound at my heart. The guard took my wrist, leading me back to my cell. I was soon locked up, leaving me staring at the ceiling and hoping to god Lucy was okay.

zayn.

"Who was that? Perrie asked, just as I slammed my phone onto the table.

"Nobody." I growl, attacking her lips with mine. I needed this, it was my distraction. I craved this, I needed Her out of my mind.

-*-

"It's bath time!" I smile to Lucy, her face still ducked down into her notebook, her hand moving quickly to slam the book shut.

"Is everything okay?" She slides off the bed, her colours scattered on the duvet, the book shoved under her pillow.

"I okay." She nods, following after me into the bathroom.

Her hands are already in the air, ready for me to lift her princess shirt up. S.hit. I forgot to buy her more clothes, I was distracted... By Perrie. Lucy's pyjamas were still in the washing machine, her covers were fresh ones from the shelf. I place her into the bath, letting her splash around as I begin to panic on what to give her to wear. Lucy splashed around in the bath, exactly like how she reacted the first time in the bath.

"So Lucy, who did you used to live with?"

"My mummy and other daddy come sometime." She tells me, her attention fixed on the pile of bubbles in her hand. Who's the other daddy?

"I no have a daddy." She tells me staring into my eyes as if to expect me to admit something, I don't.

"Mummy say he love us but he work."

"I think it's time to get out now." She doesn't whine like last time, simply standing up and letting me lift her out.

I wrap her in a warm towel, carrying her into my room and placing her on my bed.

"This not my room." She burst out laughing, taking in her surroundings.

"I know, I need to go get some clothes for you, so just stay here okay?"

"Okay."

I rush downstairs, quickly grabbing the wet clean clothes and shoving them into the tumble dryer. I soon bring them out warm, taking the steps two at a time.

"It hot!" Lucy giggled, kicking her trouser clad legs.

I tell her I have things to do, she simply ran back into her room, probably to draw. I grab my phone, dialling for Perrie.

"Hey, you done with the Little Mix meeting?"

We soon arrange for her to come over, me making dinner for Lucy. I make sure not to give her much, cutting out fish into small bits and placing it with potato cubes. I make sure everything is small and pour a plastic cup of water. I bring it up, entering Lucy's room where she immediately hid her book once more.

"I have your dinner, and water. I'll put them here." I place it on the bed side table, moving a small pillow onto a chair so Lucy could eat.

"If you need me, I'll be downstairs."

She nods, using her fork to stab at a potato cube, dipping it into the ketchup. I sigh, shutting the door and making my way down, just as the doorbell rings.

"Hey babe." I smile, embracing her into a tight hug.

"Where's the little thing?" She asked, her nose scrunched.

"Upstairs, eating"

"So we have time, alone?"

I nod, causing her to smile. She brings me to the sofa, pushing me down, she immediately straddles me, her lips hungrily finding mind. Before it got too heated up, I tell her I needed to check on Lucy, just in case. Lucy was naturally shy, but I needed to make sure she was okay. Perrie rolls her eyes, taking her phone out and snapping a selfie. I grin at her, making my way up.

Walking into the guest room, I wasn't expected to see what I saw; Lucy crying.

Remember to vote(:
Twitter- chamrock_jack

Love you all!

~ Chamrock Jack xox