chapter twenty-nine.

zayn.

"Quiet Lucy, we don't want to wake her up." I whisper, quietly entering the room.

I lift Lucy onto the small chair beside the bed, telling her to be quiet whilst I sat in the other chair, parallel to Lucy. I tap my fingers against my chair, leaning back slightly. I eyed the small nurses button beside the bed, remembering I had to tell someone when she had awoken.

Lucy leans forwards slightly, her small hand grabbing at Rose's. She shuts her eyes, laying her head onto the bed. I left her to it, even though she looked extremely uncomfortable she chose to sit like that. I lean back, watching her back rise and fall slowly until I was sure she had fallen asleep. I pick her up, carefully tucking her in beside Rose in the bed, taking off her jacket and shoes. I then went back to my chair, leaning back and waited.

"Where is she?!" I suddenly hear a growl, the door bursting open; it was Carl.

"You, this was all you!" He growled, glaring at me. I stand up immediately.

"You took her away, you kidnapped her!" He yells.

"She's sleeping." I tell him, narrowing my eyes.

"She's coming back with me, back where she belongs." He growls.

"All you do is abuse her! She's staying with me! Who let you in here?"

"Who let me in here? I'm her boyfriend!"

"Daddy?" Lucy mumured, sitting up. Her eyes were droopy, a stray curl falling in her face.

"Lucy, when your mum wakes up we're going home." Carl tells her, causing her to nod.

"No, Lucy you're coming home with me, yeah?" Lucy nodded at me also, her eyes widenening while glancing from Carl to me.

"No, she's coming home with me! She's been living with me for the whole three years of her life!"

"She's four, nearly five. Who doesn't know their own 'daughter'!" I growl, fists clenching.

"Mummy!" Lucy gasps loudly, both Carl and I quickly diverting our stares to Rose who slowly sat up.

"Rose, babe. I'm here, we're going home." Carl walks over immediately, his hand stroking her face, gross.

I quickly make my way over to the small button, pressing it and watching it blink. A doctor soon walks in, smile on face when he sees that Rose is awake.

"Rosemarie! How are you feeling?"

"Disorientated." She mumbles, sitting up slowly.

"That's normal, from the amount of pills you've swallowed! Most of them are gone just a few of the substances were actually absorbed... I suggest you grab something to eat and we'll see how it goes from there!"

"Okay." Rose replied groggily, before the doctor bounded off.

"Are you okay babe?" Carl asked, wrapping an arm around Rose.

"I'm okay, w-what are you doing here?"

"To bring you home of course, both of you."

"No he's not!" I interject.

"Rose, tell him that you love me and you're coming home with me!"

"Ro, you know you're coming home with me."

"You love me, don't you?" Carl glared down at Rose, causing her to squirm.

"Yes." She squeaked, cheeks going pink.

"You're forcing it out of her!" I shout. Lucy burst into tears.

"It's okay Lucy!" I say quickly, scooping her up in my arms and placing a few kisses on her face before letting her hide in my chest.

"Get off my daughter!"

"She has my blood, shut up!" I laugh at him, rocking Lucy gently.

"Carl, can you get me some food please." Rose's voice was extremely quiet, but Carl nodded, leaving the room after giving me a glare.

"You're not leaving with him." I deadpan.

"I l-love him." She stuttered.

"We're not going through this bullshït again! You're coming home with me because that's the safest. No arguments!"

"I'm twenty one! You don't make my decisions!" She shouts.

"Fine, go with Carl, see if I care." I spit, storming off with Lucy still in my arms.

"Daddy, why are you leave mummy?" Lucy asked, peeking up at me.

"I'm not, she's leaving us."

"I not want that!" She argues, struggling in my arms.

"Lucy, calm down." I soothe, my hand moving up to ruffle her mop of curls.

"We'll go back now." I sigh, turning around.

"Mummy!" Lucy shouts, running and attempting to clamber onto the bed once more.

"Luce, calm down, I'm right here." Rose giggled, helping her up and hugging her.

"Where did he go?" I ask, noticing that he wasn't around.

"Oh, um, he left." Rose looked down, making it more obvious she was lying.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing, he just- nothing."

"What happened?"

"I just- he- and then-"

"Ro."

"He got kicked out because he tried to hit me." she looked down ashamed, eyes refusing to meet mine.

"Go on, say it." She sounded almost like she was on the brink of tears.

"Say what?" I ask in confusion.

"You told me so, you told me he didn't love me, that nobody loved me." She blinks numerous times before a few tears fall. Lucy looks up at me as if it was my fault.

"Don't think that, Lucy loves you." I struggle, watching more tears fall down her face.

"I love you."

"What?!"

My eyes widen at my own words, I had not even realised what I had just said.

"I didn't mean to- it was just spur of the moment-" I cough awkwardly, feeling my face heat up.

"Of course, nobody loves me. I know." Shït Zayn.

"No, I do love you. You know. As a friend." Friend zoning the girl you used to love, nice one.

"Yeah, as a friend. Of course."

"You guys should go, I need to have another night here,"

"Right, we'll pick you up tomorrow?"

"Um, sure."

rose.

I wave as they leave, mentally laughing at how gullible they were. Once they turned the corner, I got out of bed, grabbing my bag with my stuff and leaving. I had signed the release papers, and now I was going home.

homework is hell.

How are you all?

Harry's haircut though.

~c.j xoxox