chapter thirty-one.

zayn.

"Ro, I have something to tell you." I say, seating her down in the living room beside Lucy. She doesn't reply, just looks up at me waiting for me to speak.

"As you know, I'm going on tour in four days... I informed you that I was going to bring Lucy and for your safety... I've already asked your doctor... You're coming with us." I was prepared for her to shout, scream, storm out the room, but she doesn't. Her facial expression was stoic, then her lips tugged up into a smirk.

"Why are you so nervous?" She smirked, making me feel even more vulnerable. I felt like I was in year 7 again and she was in control of me.

"I thought you would refuse or something." I admit sheepishly, watching her head tilt back in laughter. Again I felt the same feeling of warmth rush throughout me at her laugh which ended too soon.

"It would be nice to leave London, I don't know." London is the furthest place I've been from home..."

"You'll enjoy the Europe leg of the tour, I know it." I grin, hoping to see her lips edge up into another smile, but they don't. She stares on in thought, biting her lip before releasing it quickly.

"Are you okay?" I ask leaning my elbows on my knees.

"Are we going to Paris?" Her voice is at bare minimum when finally looking up at me, eyes hopeful and wide.

"Of course we are." I watch as her eyes light up, the small ghost of a smile seen on her lips.

"Luce needs to get to bed right about now." She says, standing up quickly.

"No, you're injured. Relax!" I say, standing up quickly so she could sit down.

"I don't want her to think I hate her."

"She doesn't, I'll talk to her."

"I need to go up to sleep anyways, let me talk to her. Please."

"Fine." I sigh, helping her stand up and following after her upstairs, just for moral support...

"Luce, it's time for bed." Rose says, smiling down at Lucy who was furiously scribbling in her -almost- full book.

She looks up and glances at Rose before continuing to draw.

"Lucy." Rose repeats, but Lucy ignores her once more.

"Lucy, did you not hear your mummy? Get to bed!" I snap. Lucy finally gets up, shoving her book under her pillow and climbing into bed.

"Have you brushed your teeth and everything?" Rose asked, her voice getting softer.

"Lucy!" I scold when she doesn't reply to her.

"I get it, this is how I treated her. It's fine, just remember her lamp needs to be on because she's scared of the dark. Night." She waves before retreating.

"Lu-" I drawl out her name as I move to sit beside her on the bed. "You can't be like that to your mummy, she loves you."

"Daddy not love her."

"That's different Lucy."

"It not different! Daddy not love mummy I not love mummy!"

"Luce, there's a difference-"

"No da-"

"I love mummy okay, now you have to love her!" I interrupt.

"You love my mummy?" She asked, eyes wide open.

"Yes, now go to sleep okay?"

"Okay daddy, I love you."

"I love you too, love bug." I give her a small kiss before switching off the light and leaving the room, I switch on the small lamp before shutting the door as I leave.