chapter twenty-seven.

rose.

"Do you like it?" Zayn asked, watching me eat the sandwich. It's a sandwich for goodness sake.

"Yes."

"Are you sure? I can make another or-"

"It's fine." He continued too watch me, I felt like I was in prison again, taking small bites nervously.

When I finally finish, I just sit there, playing with the bandage on my knuckles. I slump my body, my back curving as I rest on the plush chair. There was nothing for me to do here. It felt weird not having Carl around, he usually gave me something to do to keep me occupied... When a hand rests on my shoulder I sit up, making sure my back was straight, posture; perfect. I feel my rib move, but I ignored it.

"Loosen up a bit." I hear a chuckle, I look around quickly.

"What do you want." I glare at Harry.

"I just came to see if you were okay. God."

I huff, turning around once more and resting back into my position. Zayn looks up, giving him a smile and a nod. I loved his new stubble. It complimented his defined jaw line and I just wanted to go over and scatter small kisses- no.

He looked gross, he's grown up way too much and the stubble makes him look evil. His jaw line had almost vanished from all the food he ate as a rich person.

You're crazy.

"I need to put Lucy into bed." Zayn looked up at the time.

I nod, not caring much anyways.

"Do you want to take a shower?"

"I'm okay,"

He nods, leaving the room. I hear the squeals of Lucy, fracturing something inside of me. I decide to walk into his garden, making my way outside through the sliding door. My toes wiggle in the cut grass, padding my way across to the end where I decide to sit cross legged.

It was silent. I loved it. No squealing children, talking and laughing men; nothing.

I lay back, my hair fanning outwards as I stare up at the gloomy sky. The sun was setting, the moon rising. This new found solitude made me feel at ease, my eyes slowly shutting arms spreading. I let out a small giggle when it begins to spit. Oh London weather...

I lay there in the soft rain, completely in peace until someone decided to come along and fück it up.

"Rose? You should come in or you'll get a cold." Can't he leave me alone?!

I ignore him, pretending to be asleep.

"Rose?" I hear footsteps, shoes squishing into the grass.

"Are you asleep?"

I feel arms underneath my body, causing me to freeze. I realise he was only lifting me, carrying me indoors, a rush of heat racing to my body. I ignore the excruciating pain in my ribs as I feel him move me so he could shut the door.

"Where was she?"

"Outside, here she's asleep." I feel my body being passed over.

"She's not asleep." Zayn laughed.

"Dick." I sit up in his arms, holding around his neck in case I fell.

Or because I missed touching him and I wanted the full effect before I get crushed back into reality where I was a single mother with a child who hates me and an abusive boyfriend searching for me. What.

"What? How?"

"I just know." Zayn chuckled.

"Are you tired?" Zayn asked.

"No."

"Of course not." I hear him mutter, walking off.

"Are you staying over?" Zayn questioned Harry, his arms still supporting me.

"No, I'm going with the boys now, see you tomorrow?"

"Your place? Bye!" Zayn smiles before Harry turns away.

Zayn yawns, me struggling until he put me down.

"Go to sleep." I tell him, ushering him.

"You take my bed." He yawned, making his way to the living room.

"You go! I'll be fine." I tell him.

"You take it, you've already slept naked in it." He chuckled nervously.

"I'm sleeping on the sofa, that's final." I tell him, walking past him to hog the sofa.

"You need to shower and brush your teeth."

"I don't have clothes."

"I binned your old stuff and got new stuff if that's alright with you."

"Oh, thanks." I shuffle past him, making my way up. I hear his footsteps behind me, I stop to let him walk in front, not sure where I was supposed to go.

"Here." I'm handed a pile of clothes with toiletries on top. I thank him quickly, going into the bathroom.

I decided I wanted a bath, running one and making sure it was warm enough. I found bubble bath solution so I squirted some in, swirling it around. I undressed then stepped in carefully, making sure my bandaged knuckles stayed dry. I sat there for a while, knees tucked to my chest, chin rested onto my knees. I felt the water seep into cuts that hasn't fully healed. I don't get any cleaner, my dirt pooling around me before I decided to get out, using a random towel and drying my body. I change into shorts and a shirt, ignoring the bruises on my legs. I brush my teeth and wash my face then I'm soon making my way downstairs to the sofa.

I curl up into the corner, resting my head on the arm, legs not daring to stretch out to the open space. I hear Zayn come down the stairs, my eyes automatically shutting. I hear him entering, then arms are wrapped around my ankles, gently tugging until they were straight, a thick, fleeced blanket was draped over before the lights went out. I grab the corner of the blanket, pulling it closer to my chin and snuggling into it. I knew I wasn't going to sleep so I just lay there, eyes searching the darkness.

-*-

zayn.

Hours went past, until I knew she was asleep. I slowly crept downstairs, seeing her silhouette on the sofa. I step over, arms tucking under her body and carrying her slowly and gently upstairs. She mumbles slightly, moving causing me to panic. I begin to hush her giving her a gentle few words before her breathing slowed down once more. I bring her upstairs, all the way to my room before tucking her in. I am reluctant to drop a small kiss on her forehead before retreating downstairs to lay on the sofa.

zen pls.

larry is lyfe.

I just want to tell people I'm okay without having to fake a smile.

~ chamrock jack xoxo