chapter thirty-nine.

rose.

When I wake up, I feel disgusted to have Zayn's arms wrapped around me, his breath on the side of my cheek, dark long lashes resting softly on his unshaven skin. I gently wiggle out of his hold in frustration, wanting to do nothing more but get rid of his presence. How could he hold me in his sleep after saying all that to me?! When I struggle, he holds onto me tighter, causing me to grit my teeth together in pain. I jut my elbow back, stabbing him in the ribs with the point of my elbow, waking him up instantly.

"What was that for?!" He shouts, sitting up quickly to glare down at me.

"You were hurting my ribs so why couldn't I hurt yours?" I glare back.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He glowered.

"Someone woke up cuddling the person they're tired of seeing chasing after them." I retort, watching his nostrils flare.

"It's like you want drama! All you're doing is leading me on!" 

"Leading you on?" Zayn looked like he hadn't heard of such a thing, like I wasn't speaking English. Before I could reply, he let out a bitter laugh.

"This exactly what you were like in high school you know that, you lead every guy on."

"But I chose you! You out of everyone, guess I picked the wrong one." I was angered and I wriggled out of his hold.

~*~ 

"I'll message you tonight!" Peter gave me a small smile then slung his bag onto his back before running onto his bus quickly.

"Who was that?" Zayn asked, arm wrapping around my waist, lips teasing my ear.

"Some guy." I shrug, watching Zayn's eyes shut for a few seconds.

"Don't any of the guys you talk to know we're together?" He asked calmly, tugging at his school tie which was tied in the tightest of swot knots.

It made me laugh at how nerdy he actually was. I turn to loosen his tie for him, watching him look down at me fondly. He then smirks, his hands grabbing at my loose tie and tightening it so I looked like a teachers pet. I whine softly, fattening the tie so it looked like we had switched ties.

"We should probably get out before we're kicked out." Zayn chuckled, intertwining out fingers and leading me out the school building.

"Yours or mine?" Zayn questions, nudging my nose with his. 

-*- 

"I swear to god if that's another guy." Zayn rolled his eyes, burying his face into my neck whilst secretly peering at my lit up screen.

"I'll just ignore it." I say, locking my phone.

"Ro, that's eight guys that have messaged you tonight."

"And I chose you, so what's the worry?" Before he could reply I plant my lips onto his, pushing him back so that he would lay down.

~*~  

I shut my eyes for a moment, squeezing them tighter in hope that I could relive that memory. Another memory takes it's place and I'm scrambling out of bed quickly- I hadn't ordered breakfast! I scrabble out into the main room and I'm dialing room service quickly in hope that Perrie wasn't awake. "If she's unhappy then I swear to God Rose! Breakfast must be here at 7:30, sharp." I peer at the clock to see it's well over eight and I let out a whimper as the room service finally answered. Before I could squeak out the same orders as usual, the line goes dead and I see Zayn lifting his finger off and take the phone off of me gently.

"What are you doing? I need to-" My eyes go to the clock once more and I know it's too late.

"Calm down, calm. Nobodies going to hurt you." He murmured, holding me to his chest.

"You're hurting me, you're doing this on purpose. Your girlfriend is in the other room and you're here caressing me? What do you want?!" He slowly carries me to my room, not looking down at me once until the door is shut. He stared deeply down at me before slowly joining me on the bed.

"Zayn- this is wrong. Perrie- I'm no good for you. Perrie is the one you want. I'm nothing compared to her."

"You're lying." He replied, his eyes shining. I knew deep inside of me I wanted him, that I still loved him, craved for him, but he was no longer mine, he was Perrie's.

a/n

THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE INTENSE ASHSGJRWHKJYWH

this is just a filler chapter for what is to come ;)

hope you've all had a great start to the new year ! 

~ c.j