chapter twenty-six.

rose.

If she wants me far far far away, I'll easily grant her wishes. I chew harshly on my lip as I stomp down the pavement in my bare feet, angry, livid, hurt. I repeat Lucy's words to myself, reminding myself that I didn't need her. That I didn't love her. That she didn't love me.

I hear footsteps behind me, and a car engine. I start to run. I felt awkward, no bra to support my breasts as I ran in Zayn's shirt and shorts and nothing else. Maybe I should start sleeping with my underwear on, saves me from running with my boobs flying. Stray hairs stick to my tear covered cheeks. I don't bother wiping them away as my arms were used to support my chest. This is until arms grab at me, wrapping around my waist and causing me to scream. Loud, uneven pants were breathed down my ear as I thrashed around. My body was thrown into a car and the door slammed shut. I felt like I was being abducted by rapists.

"Are you okay?" I look up into clear, blue eyes. I cross my arms, shaking my head. I felt like a child having a tantrum, but I honestly didn't care.

"You can't keep running away from your problems, they don't solve anything." Oh look at the curly haired one, smart with his fücking words.

"Rose, are you listening?" Liam snapped from behind the steering wheel.

"What do you want?"

"We're bringing you back, you need to sort things out with Lucy."

"No, I need to get back to my boyfriend."

Liam scoffed, turning into the driveway of the dreaded house. I glare, getting out the car quickly but a hand rested on my shoulder. Niall guided me back into the house and into the living room. Where I sat facing a crying Lucy. I don't let my features soften as I stare at her with a cold expression.

"I sowwy mummy." She tells me, her voice meek and quiet. I look from Louis to Zayn. She definitely got told off and this was definitely rehearsed. I don't speak.

"Don't you have anything to say back?" Louis asked, locking eyes with me.

"No." My tone is harsh, my arms crossed to emphasise my emotions.

The fact Lucy didn't seem to care right now proved she didn't mean her apology.

"Are we done now? I'm sure Carl is waiting for me to cook his dinner."

"You're crazy. Absolutely crazy."

"I know, now who's dropping me off or do I have to walk?"

"Rose."

"I'll call him even, I think I know his number-"

"Rose!"

"What!"

"You're not going back, don't be silly."

"You know, everything was fine until she came along." I point at Lucy.

"Don't say that." Zayn warned me.

"I'm honest, Carl loved me, he never had to hit me cos I never did anything wrong. When Lucy was born I had to provide for her. When she did something wrong I took the punishments for her, I stole for her, I protected her. See where it's gotten me? Nowhere. I'm tired and I'm lost, I don't want to be found..." I murmured a few lyrics.

"What song is that?" Harry asked.

"Who Are You Now, Sleeping With Sirens."

"Still listening to them?" Zayn asked, a small smile etched onto his face.

"Of course."

"Your lip is bleeding."

"I know."