chapter thirteen.

rose.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Zayn shouts, causing me to freeze.

I stand up slowly, turning around to face him.

"What? Nothing." I say, clasping my hands together.

"Rosemarie, what are you doing?" He comes closer.

"My name is Rose!" I snap, stepping backwards.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing!"

"Rose, tell me now."

"Nothing!"

"Rose."

"Stop it!"

"What's in your hands?" He frowns, coming over.

"N-nothing." I stutter, hiding my hands behind my back.

My hands are soon in his, his hands prying mine open until a couple fivers fall to the ground.

"Rose, are you trying to steal my money?" He asked, causing me to burst into worthless and pathetic tears.

"Just leave me alone okay?!" His eyes widen, this was probably the first time he's seen me cry, I've always been tough, the hard nut to crack, yet here I was, crying over being caught.

"It's okay, if you needed money you should've asked, I would've gave you some!" His arms wrap around me as he tries to soothe me.

"Don't call the police!" I yelp, pushing him away. The memories needed to go away. They didn't belong here and they never will be, ever again.

"I won't, I swear. Just how much do you need, I'll give it to you."

"You don't understand!" I sob, sinking down to the ground, him following.

"I do, you need money and I'll be here to provide."

"I don't need money!" I yell, trying to crawl away from him comforting arms.

"Then why do you-?"

"Carl!" I scream, interrupting him.

"He's making you steal? Wait, you got put into prison-"

"Carl!" I whimper, crouching into a ball but wincing once my knees hit my stomach and ribs.

"Are your ribs okay?" He asks, crawling over towards me.

"Don't touch me!" I shout, kicking his arms away.

He finally pins me down, my shirt hiked up to the bottom of my bra. Zayn gasped, fingers tracing lightly over my stomach.

"What?" I ask, in all honesty, I haven't even seen my own stomach. I flinch when his warm hands smooth over my rib cage, the pain excruciating.

"He did this to you? Rose! Why the fück is your rib poking out!"

"No! I walked into the bannister! Carl doesn't do anything to me, he loves me!" My own words soothed me, he loved me, he wanted me. That's all I ever want.

"This isn't love Rose, you have to listen to me I-"

"No!" I scream, shoving him off of me and rushing downstairs.

Zayn follows immediately, running after me as I manage to get myself in the kitchen. My voice was hoarse and I think I'm going to lose it. He appears, embers flickering in his dark caramel eyes.

"Listen to me first." He growled, pinning me against the counter, his body pressed against mine. A whimper escapes my lips but his anger was deafening him, his teeth were gritted, his perfect jawline more prominent.