Chapter 2

Brendon took my suitcase and we both went to his car, going to drive to his house of course.

"So, I'm sorry if I'm pushing it here, but how could your parents not have taken good care of you?" He asked.

"Well, actually, my parent. My mom killed herself when I was about five or so. My father didn't take it well and turned to the drink, and then he became..." I couldn't even finish the sentence. I didn't cry, but I obviously didn't look happy.

"Abusive?" He asked. I nodded and he gasped. Oh god, did I ruin this?

"Yeah, but one day, I called the cops and they came and got me, taking me to an orphanage, the one I was just in. It was only for a year, but I still escaped that.

"He's dead now, died from an overdose, so now I'm parentless, other than you." I laughed, making Brendon smile.

"So, when we get home, I wanted to set you up with your room, and maybe we could go out for dinner if you would want to. Would you?" He asked. I nodded and smiled.

"I'd love to go to dinner with my new famous father!" I laughed, making Brendon laughed.

For the duration of the car ride, Brendon and I talked about random stuff, like how it is to be popular and stuff like that, until a question popped into my head that I needed to ask him.

"Brendon, do I call you Brendon or dad?" I asked, playing with my fingers.

"Whichever one makes you the most comfortable." He said, looking at me.

"Okay, Brendad!" I laughed. Brendon looked at me with a smile on his face, one that meant he was about to laugh.

"Hilarious! But if you do want to call me that you can" He said. I shrugged and just stuck with Brendon.

We got to his house, and I was so surprised as to what it actually looked like.

"This is beautiful!" I said, suitcase in hand as Brendon lead me inside.

"Thank you, but let's get to your room and get ready for dinner tonight, alright?" He said, and I nodded. Brendon led me to this huge room that had a walk in closet and a connected bathroom.

"Holy crap this is amazing!" I said, taking a look around. I saw Brendon, who had his arms crossed over his chest, and his expression was not happy.

"Sorry for saying crap," I said. He uncrossed his arms and hugged me.

"It's not okay because when you're a Urie, you don't say dumb little words like crap. You say hard words like s**t, alright?" He said, causing me to laugh.

"Holy s**t, don't I have the best dad ever!"I smiled, causing Brendon to smile.

"I wouldn't argue with that."

We finished unpacking, which took about an hour.

"Oh shoot, our reservations are in about an hour. How about we get your bed ready, and then we get going." He suggested. I nodded and we both went downstairs, going to the basement, which was apparently only a storage room.

There was a bin labeled 'Blankets' and another labeled 'Pillow Cases'. We obviously took one of each and brought them to my room upstairs.

The blanket that Brendon brought up was soft as ever, and I was in love with it! It was different shades of blue, and the pillow case was the same, so everything matched.

"Alright, let's go to our dinner!" He smiled, grabbing my hand. We went to his car and drove to a place that wasn't familiar to me at all. Mostly because I never left the orphanage, which sucks. I wasn't allowed too, actually.

"Alright, we're here!" Said Brendon, shaking me so I could snap out of my thoughts. I smiled and we both got out.

"Man is this place ever fancy!" I said as we both walked in.

"Yeah, nice place for my amazing daughter, sounds right, wouldn't you agree?" He laughed. The waitress came and seated us in a private area, so no fans would interrupt us.

"So, what are your interests?" He asked, taking a gander at the menu.

"Well, I'm obviously interested in Panic!, I really want to play an instrument, either piano or guitar, and I played basketball before my mom passed, but when I got to the orphanage, I had to stop," I said, taking a look at the menu myself.

The waitress walked by and asked if we were ready to order, which we said yes to.

"Can I have the smoked salmon please?" Asked Brendon.

"And what would your drink be?" She asked, writing in her notepad.

"An iced tea will do."

"And for you miss?" She asked, turning to me.

"Um, can I get the chicken parmesan, minus the olives? And I'll just have a water please," I said. She wrote stuff down, nodded and then walked off.

"So, anything that interests you? I asked Brendon. He laughed and shrugged.

"I don't know, I hate music with everything in me. People who write songs are so lame like I wonder what else they have in their spare time, playing all the instruments?" He laughed, causing me to laugh as well.

Brendon is funny!

"You know Brendon, you've only been my dad for like two hours, but these have been the best two hours of my life. he smiled and looked at me.

"You're the best daughter I've ever had."

"I'm the only daughter you've ever had, actually." I corrected him, causing him to laugh.

"You are a funny kid!"

Later on in the night, Brendon and I received our food. His salmon looked good and my chicken parm was delightful until my throat started closing.

I dropped my fork and stared at the food.

"Is something wrong?" Brendon asked. I nodded and he asked what.

"Olives, severely allergic," I said, my voice becoming raspy.

"Do you need to go to the hospital?" He asked, getting up and picking me up.

"Ma'am, my daughter is allergic to olives and just ate one, we need to get to the hospital as soon as possible and I can't pay right now." He said. The waitress understood and let us go without paying, making the meal on the house.

Brendon sprinted to the car with me in his arms, trying to get to the hospital as fast as he could.