Chapter 25

I nodded and got up.

"Are you the only one capable of coming?" He asked. I nodded and looked at him.

"Don't I know you?" We both asked in unison.

"You were the one who came in when you had the olive allergy, right?" He asked.

"Doctor Padilla, right?" He nodded and we walked to the room. I saw Sarah sleeping

"So, you're mother, or soon to be mother, as you know, was shot in the shoulder. We were capable of removing the bullet. We also cleaned the wound, just so it wouldn't get infected. Sarah, is in perfect condition, and she might wake up soon. If you want to ask any questions, that's what I'm here for." He said, taking notes on his clipboard.

"Okay, how long is Sarah gonna have to stay here?" I asked.

"Around one week, we'll give her a cast for her shoulder and then keep her for a while." He informed. I nodded and we continued this process for a while. Doctor Padilla was very nice!

Buzt!

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I just got a text from my dad's friend. He's wondering where I am." I apologized. He nodded.

"It's totally fine, he probably doesn't know where you are. I'll be here if you need to come back." I smiled to him and waved goodbye. I walked back to the waiting room and saw Brendon, Dallon, Kenny, Zack, and Dan all awake.

"You scared the s**t out of me missy!" Brendon scolded.

"The doctor asked if anyone was here for Sarah, so I went." I explained.

"And...?" Brendon trailed off.

"The doctor said she was in perfect condition. They took her out of surgery, I got to see her, and they cleaned the area after removing the bullet." I informed everyone. They all sighed, probably with relief.

"The doctor said only family can go, so that's Brendon and I." I stated. Everyone nodded and I held Brendon's hand.

"Let's go." I lead him to Sarah's room, and we both took a deep breath before walking in.

"Hey, aren't you the doctor who helped my daughter when she was having that allergic reaction?" Asked Brendon. The doctor smiled and nodded.

"So, how's Sarah? I want details." Brendon said, paying close attention to the doctor. He went on and told Brendon what he told me, about her surgery and everything else.

"So what you're telling me is that my fiancé will be okay, right?" Brendon asked. Anthony, the doctor, nodded.

"She'll be perfectly fine, let me leave you guys alone." He left the room, slowly closing the door. Brendon and I looked at each other, and then back at Sarah. Poor thing.

"I remember the first time I met Sarah! It was after a Q and A we did on Instagram. She knocked on the door and you introduced her as your secret girlfriend." I retold the story, smiling at the thought of Sarah.

"Yeah, I remember when I met her, she was a fan on the Pretty.Odd. tour. She had a boyfriend at the time, and I couldn't get over her. Eight months later, we were reunited, and she was boyfriend free, so we hung out, and then we started dating. Now, eight years later, here we are. An amazing daughter, sweet fiancé and a popular band, life's good. And Sarah's healthy, so that's an extra bonus." He smiled.

"Yeah, Sarah probably connected us more. She helped me through our fight, through the fight we had about Patrick. For a lot of things. Sarah's always there for us, and I love her so much!" I smiled. The bed started to move and we saw Sarah stir. Brendon and I popped out of our chairs and ran over to Sarah. Her beautiful green eyes opened, and Brendon cheered. He kissed her and so did I.

"Good god Sarah, I missed you so much! I love you!" Brendon cried.

"I love you too Sarah, you're the best mom an adopted girl could ever ask for." She softly smiled.

"I love you guys too..."