Chapter 6

"Faelecia! Faelecia!" Brendon shook me until I woke up, but my only reason to do so is for slapping his chest.

"Go away!" I whined, successfully slapping his chest.

"Cmon, it's the first day of school! You have to get up!" He extended the word 'up'.

I groaned and got out of bed, pushing Brendon out so I could get dressed.

"You have thirty minutes!" Brendon yelled.

"Okay!"

"I made you some cereal, it's down here! Come and get it when you're done!" He yelled back. I nodded to myself and put my hair up in a bun, then went downstairs to meet up with Brendon.

"Hey! I can't believe it's the first day of school, well for you. I have a daughter, and it's her first day of school! Damn, this is exciting." He laughed. I smiled and took a bite out of my cereal.

After a lot of conversation, Brendon went upstairs to his bathroom and brushed his teeth, me doing the same in my bathroom.

"Alright, time to go to school!" He said, leaving the house and locking the door as we went to the car.

"Now remember, if someone says something or does something to hurt you, you call me. I'll be home all day, working on music." I nodded and we turned on Hits1.

"Now, we're gonna play the most wuchuwanted song from a year ago. Here to make another comeback on the charts, it's Victorious by Panic! At the disco." I heard the silent scream at the beginning of the song and looked at Brendon, who didn't seem to be surprised by the fact that Victorious played on the radio.

"You aren't surprised?" I asked.

"Nope, not really. That song was the biggest hit last year. It was number one for like a month." He laughed.

"I guess,"

"Well, we're here! God, I feel like I'm gonna cry." He laughed.

"Please don't, I don't wanna be that kid with the famous dad who looks like a loser because he's crying." I laughed back.

"Well, have a good day at school! I'll come pick you up and three-thirty!" He kissed me and I left the car.

Wow, my first day at a real school!

I walked in and a girl was there.

"Hi! I'm Astrid! Are you new here?" She asked, causing me to nod in response.

"Cool! Do you need a tour around the school?" She asked. I smiled and nodded.

"So, what's your name?" She asked.

"Faelecia,"

"And what brings you to our school?" She asked, taking breaks to tell me this is where this is and crap like that.

"Oh, I was an orphan, but then I got adopted and signed up to come here." I told her, not mentioning the fact that Brendon was my father.

"Oh, well it's good you got adopted." She said, smiling.

"So, what are your interests?" She asked.

"Well, I like writing, I like the band Panic! At the disco, and I love Brendon Urie, the lead singer." I said, smiling as I said my father's name.

"You like Panic! At the disco?" She asked, seeming intrigued by my answer.

"Yes, is that bad here?" I asked, getting a little scared.

"No, not at all, it's just that I don't mind the band, at all. They're actually pretty good!" That made my day.

"Well, I'm glad you think so!" We both laughed. A bell rang and Astrid looked at me.

"Well, we should get to class."

In class

"So, will you introduce yourself?" My teacher, Mrs. Josianne, asked.

"Sure. I'm Faelecia, uh, Dubuc, and I was an orphan, but I got adopted not that long ago. I really like the band Panic! At the disco. I also like writing, it's a hobby of mine." I got out from the front of the class and back to my seat, beside Astrid.

"Well, we're glad to have you, Faelecia!" She smiled.

She was extremely nice!

Last period

We had English, which I liked, but Mr. Canel was teaching it, so he ruined it.

"Can I please go to the bathroom?" I asked, having to go really bad.

"Fine, sure." He scoffed.

Why does he hate me so much? He seems to like everyone else. Is it because I have a famous father? If so, that's lame, he shouldn't judge me for my parent.

I got up and remembered what Astrid told me.

"Bathroom is a little down the hall from the class,"

I followed her directions and made my way to the bathroom, doing my business peacefully.

I went back to class, but very quietly. The door was open so I walked in, but there was a blind spot that made it so Mr. Canel didn't know I was there.

"Can you give us an example of a rant sentence?" Someone asked. I don't know everyone's names yet.

"Sure. Let's rant about, uh, the new student. Faelecia, is it? God, she bugs me so much. She's so spoiled and stuck up. Yesterday when she and her father showed up, I got bad vibes quickly. He probably spoils her, which wouldn't surprise me. He seems to be a bad father figure. Probably because he can't get his own kid, so he has to adopt one. Ugh, god is her father ever lame, he thinks he's so cool, I've never heard of him."

I took my phone and started recording what he was saying before I ran out of class crying. Yes, I know, it wasn't that bad, but he made fun of Brendon and me, and he's just so rude. He has no right to do or say that in front of the other students.

I ran to the bathroom and took my phone out, calling Brendon, while still in tears.

"Hello?" He picked up on the second ring.

"B-Brendon," I sobbed through the phone.

"Faelecia! What happened?" He asked, and I could hear the concern.

"Come to the school." I managed to get out.

"Alright, I'll be there as soon as possible!" He hung up and I left he bathroom, my face only a little red.

I went outside and sat on the bench, surprised that no teacher realized I was gone.

After a little while of being on my phone, Brendon pulled up.

"Alright, tell me what happened."