Chapter 44

During school, Mr. Canel had informed us that we were having, yet another, parent dance. But the catch was, there was a prize for who danced better.

"Brendon!" I yelled, walking into the house.

"Yes?" He called out.

"There's a dance tonight. Are you free. It's a father- daughter and mother-son thing. Mr. Canel is it going to be there, thank god. Miss Josianne is, so that better. And we win something, so we gotta think of a dance, in less than two hours." I explained as he walked into the living room.

"Oh! I know! You can still copy the Don't threaten me video, right?" He asked.

"It insults me that you think I'd forget that video." I laughed.

"So we can do that, just, minus the arm licking and head thing. You know that head thing?" He questioned.

"Yes, I know that head thing." I replied. He's referring to the scene where he's on the ground and the lady places her heel behind his head and pushes it down.

"So were like tweaking the dance?" I asked.

"Yes, but we're adding more too! And it's not only about having a fabulous dance, you have to look fabulous too. I'm getting you a new dress! I'll just wear the blue suit I wore in the video, no biggie!" He chuckled.

"You're getting me an expensive dress just for this?" I questioned, adding a little giggle at the end.

"Well, what do we win?" He asked.

"I think it was two hundred dollars." I thought.

"Okay, well lets go now because we only have two hours!" He grabbed my hand and dragged me out the door.

~~~

"So do you guys have any teal-blue dresses?" Brendon asked the woman at the front desk. She nodded and walked over to a section of dressed that was exactly what Brendon was looking for.

"Okay, find one that you like! You're a medium." He said. I looked through all of them, finding everyone of them boring, until I got to the last dress. It was fluorescent, but it didn't touch the ground. It was about two inches off the floor, and it was perfect.

"This one!" I cheered, taking the dress off the rack. I handed it to Brendon and he examined it.

"This will go well with my suit, nice pick! Now let's go get you some heels!" He beamed. We walked back to the front desk; Brendon had a question.

"What kind of heels would go great with this dress?" He asked the woman. She examined the dress and her eyes sparkled.

"On the left of the change rooms. All of them would be perfect!" She pointed around the corner to the change rooms. Brendon and I jogged there and looked at all of them.

"I think this ones the best. You'll have to be able to dance in them." He informed.

"If I can copy Miss Jackson and the Don't threaten me video in heels, I can dance in heels!" I laughed.

"I'm not even gonna go there." He chuckled, taking the box of shoes and placing everything at the front counter.

"Your total will be one thousand two hundred and twenty seven." She told him. He took out his debit card and swiped it across the machine. My mouth was wide the moment she said thousand.

"Thank you!" He waved, walking out of the store doors.

"One thousand dollars for just one dance?!" I yelled. He jumped, gripping onto the steering wheel harder.

"Yes, I haven't spoiled you in a while. And plus, you can use this dress for your grade eight grad dance." He said.

"But we don't get grade eight grads. I'm surprised we're even getting this." I rolled my eyes.

"He's not gonna give you a grad, so I'll throw one at our house. You need to have these things in your life. I don't want you missing out on huge things like prom and graduations because of a lousy principal." He confessed.

"I guess you make a point." I shrugged.

He pulled up to the house and handed me the dress and heels.

"Go change, quickly." He ordered after unlocking the door. He ran upstairs too, and into his and Sarah's room to change. I slipped out of my clothes and into the strapless dress, which looked beautiful on me. I quickly threw off my socks and put the heels on, growing an extra inch. I smiled at myself and put my hair in a fancy bun, finishing off the rich look. I walked downstairs and met with Brendon, who was in his suit and was finding the don't threaten me video on YouTube.

"Oh my god! Faelecia! You're so pretty!" He smiled, getting up and hugging me. This time I was the same height as him.

"Thanks! You look great too, Brendon!" I giggled.

"Now, let's learn the dance and kiss some a**!" He took my hand and the living room was already cleared. I knew the dance by heart, and taught Brendon the dance a bit. He tweaked it and we both had ideas to add in, making it the perfect father daughter dance.

"How do they declare the winner?" He asked out of nowhere.

"The kids and the parents will vote, and they'll name it out loud." I retorted. He nodded and turned off the TV.

"Faelecia Marie Urie, were going to win this, now lets go!" We ran out of the house and got into the car, driving off to the school. It had a few cars in the parking lot, and we walked into the gym. This was only a grade eight thing, and everyone showed up, which means all five of us were here, ten if you count our parents.

"Welcome, all, to the father-daughter, mother-son dance. Tonight, we will be competing to see who had the most groove. The most pazaze! And the most skills for two hundred dollars! Everyone ready?" Miss Josianne asked through the mic. We all clapped and cheered.

"Alright, I'll randomly pick a name and that student will have to go first, with their parent of course!" She stuffed her hand in a bowl, and she read the chip.

"Patrick!"