Chapter 54

When Patrick and I received our food, we went a bit silent, and it wasn't a good one. It was pretty terrible. I looked over at Brendon, who had a sad look on his face. Maybe he knew what was going on. Or what I was going to say. I took a deep breath in, getting up and walking to Brendon's table.

"Dad! I don't feel a connection with this guy anymore. It's awkward as hell and... and I don't know what to do..." I whispered to Brendon. He knit his eyebrows and tilted his head, leaning in.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I never really felt anything with Patrick. I would always tell myself otherwise, hoping it would change my mind, which it didn't. I don't wanna hurt his feelings though. What should I do?" I asked, moving to right beside Brendon. I rested my head on his shoulder as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Awh, baby! Just tell him the truth, believe it or not, guys like that! If you need someone, I'm right here, like, ten feet away from you, don't worry Fae!" This was the first time I heard him call me Fae. It felt nice when he said it. I squeezed him and quickly kissed him.

"Love you!" I whispered. He whispered back a response and I walked to the table. Patrick had almost finished his good while I was a few bites it.

"Listen Patrick. We need to talk." I stated. He knit his eyebrows and I saw his expression turn.

"That doesn't sound good..." he muttered.

"It isn't, sorry, but... I think we need to break up! I've been dealing with this stale relationship for almost a year, and I'm tired of it. There's no chemistry and I... I can't." I informed. He seemed upset now, and I stood up.

"Your meal will be paid for by Brendon, good day." I walked away and towards Brendon, who pulled me into a hug and picked me up.

"Brendon, my dress is revealing now." I whispered. He put me down but continued hugging me.

"Look, I heard the speech, it couldn't have been easy. And for surviving that, I think I'll surprise you again, give me a second." He took his phone out of his pocket and dialled a number. The phone went up to his ear and then he smiled.

"Hi! I was wondering if you wanted to come over right now. I have someone who'd like to meet you!" Brendon cheered. I was pulled away from the conversation when my phone started buzzing.

Mark: Hey! So, it's this coming Wednesday basically all day after school, you up to going? I can give you a ride.

Me: of course I'm willing to go! Can I call you? I kinda wanna... vent.

Mark: sure! Here, lemme call first!

My phone started ringing and I picked it up, trying to be a little quiet as we got in the car. Brendon had hung up the call with whoever he was talking to, and I was awkwardly on the phone with Mark.

"So, what's going on?" He asked.

"I just broke up with Patrick." I stated. Brendon looked at me with sympathy, but I didn't care. It was for the best.

"Oh my god! Really? I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" He questioned. I giggled a little.

"I'm perfectly fine! I just wanna talk to you! You always cheer me up!!" I smiled.

"Who are you talking to?" Brendon asked.

"Mark." I answered.

"Yeah?" Mark responded.

"No, I was talking to Brendon. He was asking who I was talking to." I told him. He chuckled from the other line and let out a sigh.

"Is there anything else you wanna talk about?" He asked.

"No... not really. I'm glad you allowed me to call. Means a lot, Markimoo!" I smiled.

"Markimoo, that's cute. Well... I gotta go. See ya Faele-le!" He laughed. I giggled and hung up the phone.

"Who were you talking to?" I asked Brendon.

"You'll see when we get home, don't worry. Sarah will take care of them when they get home." He said.

"But I wanna know! Tell meeeee!" I whined.

"I can't! I want you to be surprised!" He mocked me by stretching out the last word.

"That's lame! I wanna know!" I begged.

"Let's talk about something else before I give out who it is! Why'd Mark call?" He asked.

"I told Mark I needed someone to talk to and he called. Speaking of Mark, he asked me if I wanted to be on a challenge with him, on Wednesday after school. He'll provide the ride, can I go?" I asked. Brendon nodded and I started cheering.

"Thanks! Love you!" Brendon smiled and sent me a cute wink.

"Love you too!"