Chapter 24

"The paramedics are on their way." The operator informed me. I nodded and hung up the phone. I walked back towards Sarah, who was still moving. She wasn't going to die. Or at least, I hope not. I wiped my tears and looked at Brendon, whom was sobbing. I felt bad for him, and hugged him.

"It'll be okay, the paramedics are on their way..." I bawled. Suddenly, Dallon, Kenny and Dan all ran out.

"What happened?" Dallon yelled.

"I, got shot..." Sarah groaned out. They all gasped and went out to her side. Zack was trying to check out the second bang.

"Guys! This man shot himself!" Zack yelled. I ran to where he was and examined the man.

"Holy f**king s**t! That son and a b**ch!" I thundered.

"What?" Asked Zack.

"This is the man who claimed he was my uncle!" I snapped, thinking of that stupid idiot.

"Paramedics are here!" Brendon announced. I ran back to him and they put Sarah on a stretcher.

"Victim, bullet to the shoulder, female, white, taking to the hospital now." One of the paramedics said.

"Any people close with the victim?" He asked. Brendon and I nodded and he told us we can go in.

"There's another man there." Zack informed him. He nodded and called two paramedics to get him. Once that dumb**s was in the truck, the paramedics closed the door. We started driving, sitting beside Sarah. She the smallest smile, but you know Sarah, she smiles no matter what. That's probably why Brendon wrote Sarah smiles.

"Everything will be okay!" Brendon kept on telling Sarah. She slowly nodded and then closed her eyes. The screen showed she was still alive, so I'm guessing she was tired.

"I love you Sarah..." I trailed off. Brendon smiled and so did Sarah. She mumbled something that I nor Brendon could comprehend, but I just took it as an I love you too.

"We're here, take the victims into the hospital!" Yelled one of the paramedics. Brendon and I followed them, but we were stopped when we came across a tiny nurse.

"Excuse me, but you can't come back here." She stated, sticking her hand out in a stop type of way. Brendon sighed and tried getting passed, but she pushed him back.

"But my fiancé's in there! I need to make sure she's okay!" He whined. She rolled her eyes and told him, once more, that there was no entrance. 

"Fine..." we walked into the waiting room. I laid down on Brendon's leg as he played with my hair. The positions would change from time to time. I was about to fall asleep, tired from crying, but I heard a bunch of footsteps. I looked to see Zack, Dallon, Kenny and Dan walking in. Zack had two drinks in his hand. He handed one to me and one to Brendon.

"Yours is a French vanilla," he pointed to me. "And yours is a double double." He pointed to Brendon. I thanked him and placed it in one of the cup holders. He smiled slightly and sat down beside Brendon.

"So, did you get any news?" Asked Dallon. We shook our heads no.

"Sarah's in the operating room..." Brendon trailed off.

***

Everyone on the waiting room was sleeping, except for me, I couldn't.

"Is the family for Miss Orzechowski here?"