Chapter 46

"Okay, let's get to the mall!" Brendon cheered. Today was a day for us to bond. I didn't have school and Sarah was out with Linda.

Linda is literally the nicest lady ever! I've only met with her twice, but those two times were awesome. We had the same ideas, sometimes they would be different, but we got along so well.

"Are you gonna spoil me, or are we going window shopping?" I asked. He chuckled and took my hand.

"Both." I laughed too, but I always feel guilty when he buys stuff for me.

"And first stop is going to be Hot Topic!" He winked. I clicked the button on the elevator and we both waited for it to open. We walked in and clicked the fourth button, taking us to the clothes stores, and Hot Topic is considered one of those. It's actually clothing and accessories, but whatever. It was just Brendon and I in the elevator, and I felt it move up. Then, abruptly, it stopped. I looked at Brendon, who was looking at me.

"Brendon, Brendon! I'm claustrophobic! I think I'm gonna have an attack!" I warned, slowly sliding down the wall of the elevator. Brendon kept my hand in his and called the maintenance from the phone in the elevator.

"Hello?" They answered. Brendon had the phone on speaker.

"Hi! The elevator stopped moving. We need help." Brendon informed.

"Which floor were you going to?" They asked.

"Fourth." Brendon replied.

"Alright, we'll get maintenance to come and help you. It may take one to three hours." He retorted, hanging up after.

"I can feel my throats closing and I'm freaking out." I hyperventilated. Brendon took both of my hands now, and sat down with me.

"Look, we'll survive, things like this happen all the time. Just focus on me, alright?" He looked me in the eyes. I started crying, having my fears come to reality.

"I-I'll try..." I whimpered. He took his iPhone out of his back pocket and played Panic!, hoping it would help me, which it kind of did.

"Sing along with me, it'll help." He insisted. I opened my mouth to do what he asked, but all that came out was a little squeak.

"I can barely speak, sing for me?" I quaked. He nodded and turned the music off.

"Any requests?" He asked. I moved closer to him and tried to make out the words, but it was hard with my body trembling this hard.

"Far..." is all that came out.

"Alrighty! Far too young to die it is!" He cheered. How is he so happy?

"I've never so adored you. I'm twisting allegories now. I want to complicate you. Don't let me do this to myself. I'm chasing roller coasters. I've got to have you closer now. Endless romantic stories. You never could control me. Well I never really thought that you'd come tonight. While the crown hangs heavy on either side. Give me one last kiss while we're far too young to die, far too young to die." He sang quietly in my ear.

"See, no need to be scared, because we're both far too young to die." He wrapped his arms around my back and laid his head on my shoulder.

"I love you Faelecia!" He whispered.

"I love you too, dad!" I retorted. I knew he chuckled when I felt the vibrations from his chest. I grabbed his hands and started playing with them, toying with the ring in his finger to the ring on mine.

"This rings absolutely amazing!" I beamed.

"Glad you think so, anyone else in your class notice?" He asked.

"How would one not see something this big?" I questioned. "Of course they noticed."!

///

After some waiting and a couple hours passing, I was fast asleep on Brendon. I then heard a big crash and shot up.

"What the f**k was that?" I yelled.

"It's maintenance. We're here to get you out!" They yelled. I sigh with relief and wiped away the tears from my eyes. Brendon got up too, and wrapped his arms in front of my neck. The door finally opened and we ran out of the elevator.

"Thank you so much!" I thanked all the maintenance people.

"Hey! It's our jobs, don't worry!" They smiled. We waved goodbye and looked around.

"This is the second floor." I remarked.

"Yeah, we need to go up two more floors." Brendon thought aloud.

"Well, I'm never taking another elevator in my life, so stairs it is!"