Chapter 40

Later in the week, Brendon's dad called and apologized. We spent about fifteen on the phone, and then his dad apologized to me. It's still awkward, but it's not like I have to see him everyday.

"Brendon..." I whined.

"Yes?" He chuckled.

"I'm bored!" I stated. He laughed and walked over to me, who was laying back wards on the couch with her head almost touching the ground.

"Wanna go to a fair then?" He asked. I quickly jumped up, immediately falling back down.

"Head rush!" I groaned. "But yes I wanna go to the fair!" I cheered.

"Sarah! Faelecia and I are going to the fair, we'll be home in a couple of hours!" Brendon yelled.

"Okay babe! Have fun and don't die!" She laughed. Brendon took his wallet and his sunglasses.

"Get ready for some father daughter bonding!" He hugged me. I hugged back and kissed his stubble.

"This is gonna be amazing!" I cheered. We got in the car and started driving.

"Can I play some Panic! while we drive?" I asked. He nodded and handed me the AUX cord.

"Play some s**t!" He laughed. I plugged in my phone and shuffled my playlist, Time To Dance playing through the car. I started yelling the lyrics, Brendon looked at me and chuckled.

"Okay, how about we put on Hits1!" Brendon suggested. I agreed and unplugged my phone, having Paramore blast in the car.

"Yes! Hard times!!!" I yelled. Brendon joined me in singing, and I started 'dancing'.

"I get my lame dance moves from you!" I informed.

"I'm not even your biological father. How could you pick them up from me?" He asked.

"Influenced. I've picked up ten million things from you. Randomly singing what I'm doing, dancing like a moron. Keeping my patience, and loving Sarah, but not the way you do." I laughed. "Also the animated faces I make when someone's taking a picture of me." I added.

"Well, I'm glad to know I influenced my daughter in a good way, and I'm also glad to pronounce that we're here!" He smiled. I did too and hopped in my seat.

"Yay! I can't wait to scream and probably puke!" I rejoiced.

"Weird thing to wish." He commented. I giggled and we both got out of the car. Brendon took out his wallet and we held hands, waking to the ticket booth. People were starting to see that Brendon was at the fair, and asked for photos. He smiled and accepted.

"Like I said, I get my patience from you, I don't know how you could do this all day." I remarked.

"You get used to it." He spoke. After what felt like an eternity, we got to the front of the line.

"How much for two all passes tickets?" He asked.

"A hundred dollars." He answered through a thick New Jersey accent.

"Alright, I'll take two of them." He slid the two fifty dollar bills into the money hole and we stuck our hands in so the man could attach the bracelets.

"Thank you!" We both thanked him in unison. He smiled and waved goodbye.

"Get ready for some Urie fun!"