Chapter 52

(Since I'm awesome I'll update again!)

"I-I wanna go on a date with Patrick. He asked me out for seven. I-is that alright... dad?" I coward back. Brendon took a deep breath in, clenching his jaw along with his fists. Sarah looked at him with shock.

"So you're telling me that that boy," he used a weird tone for the word boy. "wants to take my daughter out for a date?!" He yelled. I gulped and nodded. Sarah stood up, gently stroking Brendon's arm.

"Brennan, she's fourteen, I think it'll be okay, Patrick's a nice boy." She gently spoke in his ear. His fists de-clenched and he sat back down, running his hands through his hair.

"God!" He shouted. I jumped back at that, falling to the ground. This is the over protective side I was talking about.

"I'll let you go on that date..." he sighed. I smiled, standing back up.

"... on one condition. I chaperone," He looked back at me.

"You've got yourself a deal!" I hugged him. He hugged back, tighter than usual.

"Sorry for getting all over protective." He apologized.

"It's okay, I understand. But as Sarah said, I'm fourteen." I recounted.

"Yes, but you're like my little girl. Even though I only adopted you a year and a half ago..." he trailed off. He pulled me up and sat me down in his lap.

"Now I feel like your little girl!" I laughed. He quickly kissed me and I went upstairs to change.

"Wear something nice, but not too nice!" He yelled. I rolled my eyes joyfully and went to my closet. I looked at the dress he had bought me for that father-daughter dance. I put it in and checked the clock. It was currently six thirty, and it would take us fifteen minutes to get there. I added just a tad of make up and threw on some heels. I ran down the stairs.

"Holy s**t you look beautiful !" Sarah smiled. Brendon looked at me and smiled, but it quickly faded into a frown.

"What did I say about not to nice?" He scolded.

"Brendon, chill! You're gonna be there, now go get dressed. Wear the golden overcoat!" I ordered. He got up and started mumbling curse words under his breath up the stairs.

"I thought he'd be acting his age, I guess not." Sarah shrugged.

"He reminds me of a five year old sometimes." I replied.

"I can hear you guys!" He whined from upstairs.

"Point proven..." I whispered. Sarah giggled and Brendon walked downstairs, arms crossed and bottom lip sticking out. I took my wallet and out it in my purse along with my phone.

"Bye Sarah, I love you!" She waved goodbye and Brendon shut the door.

"I wonder how this dates gonna go..."