Chapter 4

*saturday*
Ellie's POV
"Wait what?" I almost chocked on my apple that I'd just been forced to eat by Brook.

"Your starting on Monday. I've got uniform and things." Andy informed me, looking pretty serious whilst munching on his cheerios.

"School. Are you okay with that or do you need some time?" All the boys looked at me as I stared in confusion.

What was the point in going to school for 1 DAY!? I thought I was leaving on Monday!!

"Why would I go to school for one day!" I called out, looking from the other boys back to Andy who had informed me about school.

"Um yeah why?" Brook looked at me confused. Why did he look so confused the boys were literally talking about me leaving yesterday.

"Well you said I was leaving Monday and I was actually looking forward to living with you guys! I was actually happy here until I heard the truth!" I yelled, storming out of the kitchen.

With no where to go, and no motivation to stay in the house, I opened the door and ran off.

I looked behind as Rye and Andy called out my name, then ran even faster. I was going to leave anyway, so why not now?

"HEY GIVE US A MINUTE TO EXPLAIN!" Rye yelled, catching up with me and pulling my arm back.

I flinched a little as he pinched my arm then apologised once he'd realised.

He smiled at me, and it was a genuine smile. Why was he so happy?

Tears started to form in my eyes at the thought of being unwanted, again.

They were going to leave me, and Rye seemed pretty god damn happy about it.

I usually wouldn't of reacted this way. But the past few days with the boys had been so fun and they SEEMED really nice. Until I found out.

"Were not leaving you. What makes you say that?" He said quietly, so other people walking by couldn't hear us.

I shrugged and shuffled my feet a little as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Andy said last night, 'she'll go on Monday'. And it's hard, you know. Not having a real family, going from house to house living with strangers because you have no one and your all alone. And ten when you finally find someone you think you'd really get a long with, someone your meant to be with, they leave you. Just like that." I chocked, throwing all my thoughts and feelings out at Rye at once.

I was surprised he actually understood what I was talking about, as he nodded then motioned for Andy to go back to the house.

As I started to cry, he pulled me into a huge heart warming hug, and I actually felt, safe. Was he really the bad guy?

"We were just talking about school. Leaving for school, starting school on Monday you know. We would never just leave you." He said pulling away and wiping the tears from my face.

"I'm sorry. It's just really hard." I admitted. But it was hard, going from home to home.

He nodded, understanding, then took my hand and we walked back to house.

After he'd explained to the boys why I left, I apologised and sat by Andy.

"Don't ever do that again. I know you were only down the road, but if Rye didn't get you, you could've gone anywhere! And I can promise you now, I will never ever leave you." He smiled.

We locked fingers and exchanged looks whilst laughing a little.

"Promise?" "Promise."

Awhhh sorry this was kinda short, but ya know. Andy and Ellie were kinda cute at the end hahahah!! Thankyou so much for reading btw <33