Chapter 41

Before I write this I'm just gonna say something big finally happens.....

Ellies pov
"Brooklyn? But....isn't he like family?" He asked me. I felt a little judged by that comment.

I could see the look of hurt in his eyes and I Felt terrible, instantly wanting to change the topic and wish I'd never said anything.

This night was supposed to be good. Not...painful.

"I mean....yeah. It was hard for me to accept but it kinda just happened. No one else knows." He kinda just stared at me for a while, waiting for me to speak, but I couldn't find anything else to say.

It is what it is.

"I'm sorry." He finally said, pulling me in for a hug and breaking the silence. I couldn't understand what he had to be sorry about? He did nothing wrong.

I looked him in the eyes. Those piercing blue eyes. "I shouldn't be angry I'm sorry. It must of been hard, you had no one to talk to it about either. I just want you to know you can talk to me whenever." A small smile appeared on his lips.

Wether it was fake or not, it caused me to smile too and we broke from the hug.

"Thankyou Harvey." He nodded. "I'll always be here." He added as we walked into his house and up to his room.

Those words sent a pang of pain through me. I knew that deep down he meant it as in, if me and Brook ever broke up.

He didn't just mean it as a friend. And I felt kinda bad.

But we were going to a party and I wanted to forget all of this so I took out the bottle of vodka from my bag that Rye had gotten me before, and I drank.

I didn't drink much of it as I needed to get ready myself, but I drank a little and we left after Harvey had collected his things.

We walked to my house which wasn't far at all and then we went into my room after being greeted by the boys.

I did my makeup full out tonight. First applying primer, then foundation, concealer, powder, eyebrow pomade, bronzer, contour, highlight, red and gold halo eyeshadow, and then lastly putting on some red lipstick.

Sometimes I forgot how lucky I was that the boys provided me with such stuff that I didn't even need? Just things that I wanted.

"Um...I need to get changed so.." I said awkwardly, not knowing wether to go in a different room or...

I didn't usually change infront if boys. "Okay I won't look." Harvey promised. He must of experienced this before, his voice seemed so casually and he attempted to style his hair.

He started getting ready after me which was why he was still sorting his hair.

He didn't do much to it he just applied a small amount of gel and ruffled it around.

Wish girls could do that and look good.

After I'd put my dress on I brushed my hair a second time and then check that nothing was a big mess.

"You look amazing! Wow." Harv not his lip and I laughed.

Personally I don't think I looked that good, but I mean an improvement from how I usually look so 🤷🏻‍♀️

I thanked him and told him he looked good, then I told him I was going to the toilet.

Opening the door, I made my way to the bathroom and almost pumped into Brook on the way down the stairs.

"You look stunning Elle. Lucky me." He whispered in my ear causing me to smile.

He pulled himself away and I saw him smirking.