Chapter 8

Ellie's POV
I was fast asleep in a deep dream, one Saturday morning. Little did I know, I'd been tossing and turning all night, and shaking in my boots, well, socks.

Suddenly, I was no asleep but my eyes were wide open, tears threatening to spill. I felt as if I was about to freak out.

I had no clue whatsoever of where I was. Technically I knew I was...home, but something just wasn't quite right.

I looked out the window expecting to see the beautiful fired of the beach, but that didn't go as planned.

I peers through the window, and it was darker out than usual for this time. The sea was a dark green shade rather than turquoise, and the sky was almost red, but not a light sunset red, more of a dark haunting red.

The birds looked almost inactive, and the people just looked like robots walking the streets with nothing better to do, no motive.

Rushing out of my room and down the stairs, I could only hope foot cuddles from boy. Brooklyn?

Before entering the living room, I stopped in my tracks before I could go any further.

Bro... Brooklyn? And Mikey I guess, were sitting on the sofa supposivly watching some programme that didn't even sound English, but instead they were sat staring at me as tears rolled grown my cheeks.

They looked looked so fake. Why did the boys look like robots, and why was everything so different to yesterday? I'd felt so in credibly detached from the world.

Attempting to hug the wall in fear, I watched as the two made their way over to me. I felt as if I was watching some strange Japanese programme from mars.

Cowering away slightly, I ran back upstairs and chased me as I slammed the door. They knocked the door a few times.

After hearing them whisper for a few moments, I hurried my face in my pillow knowing it was Brooklyn that was slowly opening the door.

Usually I'd want Brook cuddles, but Brook wasn't Brook. He wasn't even Brooklyn. I wasn't entirely sire who he was today, but anyway, I wasn't having it.

"Stop! Please leave me." I cried as he sat on the edge of the bed but attempted into touch me. "Hey, what's wrong your scaring me?" He asked trying to act like he really cared and wanted to comfort me.

I pushed him away and and squished myself up to the wall. After declining his help, Mikey walked in and took his place after whispering something mysterious to Brook at the door.

He slowly came over and kept his distance for a while, trying to ask me questions, not that he got many real answers.

After a few minutes, he was st next to me pulling me into his great and rocking me back and forth like he knee exactly What I wanted. What a mind reader.

As he rubbed my back, he started to tell me things too. "Its okay, its okay." He reassured me ad I cried, but it still all seemed fake, different.

"Its just me, Mikey okay? I just want to know what happened because I'm genuinely worried. Brooklyn was here a minute auto but noe its just us. Mikey's here and he's gonna keep you safe. Your home, in Windsor and Mikey just wants to make sure your okay. Andy's asleep, you can talk later. But for now, Brooks run a bath so I'm going to carry you into the bathroom. Everything's gonna be alright." He said, taking breaths in between.

It was like he knew exactly what to say, because his words really did calm me down. I was non longer shaking And I understood that it was just me, and Mikey, for the moment.

"Why do you care?" I spoke up. He looked at me blankly, like O was crazy. Well? "What do you mean?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow as he sat me on the edge of the Bath and turned off the tap.

I shrugged, not really knowing how to word it "Just, why do you seem to care about this so much, its just me belong stupid. And you seemed to know exactly how to make me feel better. How?"

He smiled weakly, then sighed. "Well, I used to go through something similar, and I mean, the symptoms I kind of picked up." He stated, mentally face palming.

Symptoms, wait for what? I tilted my head slightly, confused, so I decided to ask him but he just shrugged.

"Nothing really ignore me. I just want you to be happy." I smiled at him, then pulled him in for a hug before the door closed and he'd left.
Left me all alone in the bathroom to drown in my own thoughts.

I hope you enjoyed this crappy chapter ayye!! But yeah, so clearly something's up with Ellie due too this strange ish- chapter, right?

Thank youuuu for reading this ilysm!! <333

stay positive always! :))