Chapter 45

Ellie's pov
First day back of school. I really couldn't be arsed for this, but as long I was going to be with Harvey it would be okay.

And me and Bron were good now so that was settled. Just facing Charlie was gonna be hell, but I'd get through, just carry on.

I kissed Brook goodbye and the van slowly disappeared, the sound of the engine fading away from behind me as each step took me closer to the oh so familiar building.

It won't be that bad. I told myself, forcing a smile, then sighing and continuing to walk through the school doors.

But really, it wouldn't. As long as I had Brook, the boys, Harv and Bron. I knew things would be okay.

"Heyy! Ellie." Harvey engulfed me into a big hug, wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Hey Harv." I greeted. "How are you?." He asked. I smiled at him. I was okay, kinda good actually.

It was my last year of this place and I'd finally be free to go on and do whatever I wanted.

Although I was unsure of what I wanted.

"Yeah I'm actually pretty good. You?" He smirked at me. "Good...I mean your here." He teased and I playfully slapped him as we walked towards our registration class. Such a tease.

"Hey! I'm sorry okay I'm joking." He threw his hands up in defeat.

I could tell he really was joking as his laugh was realer than ever, though deep down I knew he still liked me. At least he said he did not too long ago.

Brushing the thought off I sat in my chair next to him and Bronnie sat on the other side of me.

"Hey, you guys alright then? How's it rockin?" She grinned.

I was glad we were good. I shoot her a smile and she returned it, knowing my thoughts.

"We're good." Harv told her and the register was done.

"Late huh?" I turned to face the front and Charlie has just walked in apologising to our teacher.

He looked a lot better...I mean happier. He didn't have that same evil grin as before...but that oh so familiar cheeky smirk which sent shivers down my spine. Well...used to. The spark between us had gone.

He greeted Bronnie and Harvey, so I chose to ignore him although I could see his eyes my way in the corner of my eyes.

The next few lessons went kind of quick, but by the time they were over was lunch break.

I didn't have a break before that as I was forced to stay in and finish my work that Harvey had distracted me from doing.

Bronnie didn't do hers either as she was "too cool for work." Harvey managed to copy all mine and then at to it in time so he didn't have to stay behind the little shit.

"Hey I gotta go meet Robyn okay. We have some stuff to sort out." Bronnie told me as we began to leave the classroom.

"Okay I'll see you." I smiled. "Yeah see you." She replied, jogging off down the hall to find Robyn.

I walked downstairs to find Harvey almost bumping into someone. It was like de ja vu of my very first day in this place.

"Ellie...." Charlie began, his eyes looked so sad...so..sorry.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow, why did he have to be here? What did he want from me?

"Can we talk?" He asked, ruffling his hair around. I sighed, before checking the time on my phone and nodding.

"I guess so." I turned and followed Charlie down the stairs and outside to a bench in the yard.

"I know you may not forgive me. I was complete Dick...and I'm not with that girl by the way..just clearing the air. Also I was very jealous and angry and wasn't thinking straight so I acted...kind of out of character. And I'm genuinely so sorry for how I've treated you I should of showed more respect. I was just hoping we can move on from the past and just...be friends maybe? Or even not I just don't want us to be like this. You don't have to forgive me...but me hang out with some of the same people and I know your a great person so I would love another chance at friendship."

His words made me smile a little, and I could see by his facial expression that he was being genuine.

I really couldn't be arsed for any drama or grudges this year so I gave in.

"I guess so. I don't want us to fight like this either. So I guess I forgive you. We can be friends." I replied, looking at him.

The corners of his lips tilted upwards and his eyes grew wide. "Good So were cool?"

I nodded, laughing a little. "Yes were cool." I sighed sarcastically.

"I'm happy for you and Brook you know." He told me. I was kind of hoping he wouldn't bring up Brook but there we go.

I thanked him and we decided to go off and find Harvey who was shocked to see us walking around together.

Harvey was with Josh Taylor and some Zach kid. I didn't know them well but they seemed cool.

"Hey Harv." I greeted, sitting opposite him. He smiled at me and we ate.

The day went surprisingly quickly and I walked home as it wasn't that far.

Brook greeted me at the door and the boys were chasing each other as usual.

Mikey had tape on his face and Jack had custard or something in his hair...but I was used to this by now.

I had a weird family...a very weird family. But I was thankful for them and wouldn't wish for anyone else to be a part of my life.

"Sofa?" Brook suggested. I nodded. "Sofa." He wrapped his arm around me and we walked to the living room, Jumping onto the sofa and cuddling whilst watching The Vampire Diaries.

"I HEAR DAMON!!" Rye yelled, sprinting up the stairs and doing a safety vault over the wall.

Rye was showing me some of his parkour vaults the other day. Kinda cool.

We laughed at him and continued watching the vampire diaries.

I couldn't be happier....

Or comfier.

Thankyou for reading! Don't know how many chapters are left but deffinitly not many maybe just a couple idk but I'm working on another roadtrip book so I'm gonna finish this one very soon. I've been with this book for honestly soooo long so it's gonna be kinda sad to leave it aha but yeah. :) thanks for the votes also x