Chapter 26

Brooklyn's pov
Okay Brooklyn you can do this. She's like a couple of years younger than me...but it's fine. It'll work out.

I just don't understand how this happened. All we did was adopt a girl. We were supposed to take care of her.

Give her family love, support. Just provide her with the family she needed. Maybe not a normal family, but at least a family.

Then a tear slipped down my cheek. Shit.

"Brooklyn?... what's wrong?" She asked concerningly, swatching my face for physical answers.

I looked down and then back at her, not really knowing what to say. I didn't think it was the right time to say all this to her.

"Please tell me? What is it?" She repeated. She was always so caring to everyone, ... everyone but her self. I wish she cared more.

"It's just....uhhh." I sighed and left the kitchen and then sat on the couch.

She sat next to me and put a hand on my hard. I turned to face her.

"It's just. This was never supposed to happen. We were supposed to adopt you have a somewhat normal family. We were meant to take care of you and stick together all 6 of us. No secrets no private lives. No...falling in love with someone younger than me."

I turned away slightly ashamed of what I'd just told her. God I'm such a dick. Maybe I shouldn't have said that.

Her voice broke. "Brooklyn what are you talking about. You can't help love it's not something you pick and chose. It's just comes unexpectedly. I never meant for this to happen either. But it did. And I'm somewhat happy. Isn't that what you want? Happiness?"

I nodded. I did want happiness for the both of us. But I didn't like keeping secrets and for now that was what seemed best.

"What should we do? Do you think we should keep it secret for a while or?..." she looked at me and nodded.

"Maybe that's what's best. Until we're ready." She told me.

"So want to um...try? See how things work out?" I asked nervously, slightly scared of what she'd say.

My heart was beating fast. "What exactly are you asking me?" She smirked, one eyebrow raised, her head tilted sideways.

She giggled. "I'm asking....if you'll be my girlfriend.I know this seems early on but I have liked you for a while now ngl." I smirked, my nervousness slowly fading away.

She moved slightly closer to me and smiled. "I will. I love you so much." She whispered.

"I love you too." I told her. And I meant it.

Then I moved my legs so they were spread across the sofa and I was laying down.

I allowed her to lay close to me and I wrapped my arm around her.

Ellie's pov
At this point I couldn't be any happier, laying next to Brook with his warm arms wrapped around me.

"This is perfect." I told him, burying my face deeper into his chest.

We lay there for a while until it got too silent. I looked up at him.

"I'm bored." I told him. "Comfy. But kinda bored." I giggled.

He laughed at me and shook his head, then started to sit up.

"Wannu do something?" He asked me. I raised an eyebrow sceptically, slightly nervous at what he meant.

Something could be anything, and my mind was full of things. Oh god.

He winked at me and got up off of the sofa, making his way upstairs.