Chapter 10

Ellie's POV
Taking in a deep breath, I jumped up, allowing my backpack to slide further up my shoulders. It was black, and said, 'you little mess', in small white writing.

I smiled at Charlie as he attempted to fix the way his hat was sitting on his head, never really seeming satisfied. But he seemed to shrug of off and greet me.

"Heyy." He began, smiling. "Hey. You okay?" I asked, getting into his car.

It was pretty big, and I was surprised he could drive. I mean, I hadn't even had a driving lesson. Though I didn't like the thought of being in control of a car and whoever was in it.

I mean, if anything happened, you'd blame yourself. Right? I looked at Charlie as he nodded slowly. "What about you?" He asked.

I told him I was "good", and we drove to town. I found out he likes Drake, and Skate Maloley. He found out I liked Over Atlantic, and that I liked Skate Maloley too.

Since we both enjoyed his music, he put his phone on speaker and played his music from Spotify as we yelled the words so loud, we couldn't hear the loud engine of his matt black range rover.

"Ever been around here?" He asked. I gulped, as the words spilled from his mouth. Everything came flooding back of when I ran away.

One time when I was in care, I got fed up of being stuck inside, alone all the time. So I ran away, stole some money and went to town.

The police ended up finding me, and when they did, they took me back to my care home and returned the money I'd taken.

"Uh yeah." I mumbled. I wasn't sure why I said yes when I simply could of lied. "Ah right. Did u go recently?" I nodded and told him that I'd gone with my foster parents to get school supplies as we stepped outside of the car.

"So, what are they like?" He finally asked, turning to face me. I stopped. "Who?" Who was he talking about.

He could of meant anyone. "Your foster parents duh." He let out a small laughed, and I joined in. Obviously I was faking it.

"Uh yeah. They're really nice actually. I mean, they've made me feel so welcome and I'm really lucky to have them." Technically I was lying, I never said that it was a couple.

"Ah okay. What are their names?" He asked as we finally began walking. I was slightly panicking, because I didn't know what to say.

He thought I had like, normal foster parents, not 5 boys in a band taking care of me. "Andy and Marissa." I said quickly, wanting to avoid the topic.

Then I'd felt really bad for saying that, but there was no going back as the words had already come out of my mouth. And telling him the truth now would just make me seem even more untrustworthy than I probably already did.

"Ah cool. I bed their legends." He laughed. I smiled at him, nodding as we walked to some store called 'sunnese'. It was a sunglasses shop.

After looking around for about 10 minutes, he picked up some thin glasses that looked kinda like raybands, asked for my opinion, then brought them.

"Oh and if u need me to pick something up for you, just say." He told me sternly. "Its fine I have money." I replied, walking over to the makeup isle.

I looked around does some new concealer, since mine was getting old, and was kinda too dark for my skin anyway.

After testing about 3 different makes, I settled on the Nars concelear and mascara. Altogether it cost me £22.

"Hey. Wannu get McDonalds?" He said as we almost walked right past it. My stomach rumbled on queue, and I laughed, slightly embarrassed. "Yeah, I'm pretty hungry." I said admittingly.

He agreed, so we decided to decided to get McDonalds. I hadn't had McDonald's ales in a while, so I was pretty happy about this.

"Whachu getting?" He said pronouncing 'what you,' all in one word. I looked through the menu as my eyes stammered across 4 chicken nuggets and small fries for 2.99. "Nuggets and chips. Wby?" I asked him.

He looked at me as if I'd just asked a dumb question. As if I should know. "Cheese burger and fries."

After ordering four food, we sat upstairs I'm the far corner. By the time we'd taken a proper bite, our food was cold.

We sat in McDonalds for about 2 hours just talking, before walking along the beach on our way home.

I was sat on the edge of a wall with Charlie's hoodie wrapped around me, as I leaned against his shoulder. It was getting a bit cold.

Standing up, I brushed the sand off my jeans and looked at Charlie. He looked right back at me, and for a moment, I thought we had something.

"Shall we head home, it's getting late. I'll drive us." He suggested. I nodded slowly and he walked ahead of me to find the car.

It was a quiet 10 minute drive, as barely any cars were about, and none of us could be bothered to say anything. We just sat, smiling to ourselves.

He opened the car as wed arrived, and allowed me to jump out before saying goodbye. "I'll see you in school yeah?" He asked, grabbing hold of both my hands.

I nodded slowly, after smiling slightly. "Yeah." He pulled me in for one last hug before driving off. Driving off with ought me.

As I stepped in the door, Brook was the first to greet me. "Heyy. What was that all about?" He smirked.

He must of been watching through the window. "Nothing Brook." I admitted, placing my bag on the floor near the door.

I'd completely forgotten that I was wearing Charlie's hoodie, until I started chewing on the strings, though Brook seemed to noticed. I decided to keep it anyways, unless he'd ask for it back.

"So, what's going on between you and....charlie?" He asked, after thinking hard to remember his name. Andy must of told him.

"Nothing." I sighed. Because it was truth and we were just friends. Nothing was going on between us.

Nothing at all.

Another chapter up! I wrote this the other day but forgot to upload it oops I'm sorry!!! Xx