05. That was a threat

I sit frozen in my seat until a clear thought comes to my mind. I will not let him push me around anymore.

"You don't know anything about me Asher!" I yell as I stand up wobbly and have to catch my balance on the rail.

"Oh, I know enough!" He says as he storms back over to me. The rage in his eyes makes me want to curl up in a ball at his feet and plead for my life but I stand my ground.

"I know enough to know that you're just as pathetic as your prostitute of a mo-"

"Don't! Don't you dare talk about my mom!" I yell as I point my finger at him. But I know it was a mistake when his murderous eyes travel down to my accusing finger and back up to my glossy eyes.

"What's wrong Campbell? Hit a nerve? You a mommy's girl?"

"Shut up!"
I warn.

"This is what I know Baylor, I know that your a cold heartless bitch that deserves everything that comes to you. I know that when the world comes back to bite you in the ass, I'll be there with a bowl of popcorn to watch you suffer...."
He says backing me completely up against the railing. His voice is low and dangerous and as much as I don't want to admit it I'm petrified.

He leans in closer so that his breath sends shivers down my spine while the air from his words heat my ear. I can feel the bubbles in my stomach rising and I hold back the vile that's formed in my throat.

"And when it does happen...I'll enjoy it." He says and walks to the other end of the boat. My knees give out on me and I let myself crumble to the boats cold floor.

-

"So Bay, did Asher bother you any on the boat?"
Cam asks after we arrive at our small three-bedroom apartment.

The mention of Asher's name instantly sends fear through my body and I go rigid.

"Uhm. No. He didn't." I lie. I'm not sure why I'm covering for Asher. Maybe because deep down I know what he's saying to me is true. I do deserve the worst.

"Good. I told you he isn't that bad. So I hope you guys will get along because I'm gonna let him stay in the third bedroom."

"What!" I nearly scream as I turn around to face him. He can't be serious.

"Yea come on Bay I talked to him and he said he'd lay off you. He also said he didn't know why I was defending your bitch ass and then I said I'd shove his dick up his ass if he talked bad about you again."

"Well get use to it." I mumble more to myself.
"Cam I don't want him to move in here. I don't like him at all! You're not giving her room away!"

Cameron's eyes narrow in on me and I stand my ground; placing my hands on my hips to show I mean it. He's not giving her room away.

"Bay I already told him he could! I need help on these damn bills and he's willing to help! So be grateful and get over this petty ass hatred you guys have for each other."
Cam snaps at me and I take a step back as if someone just punched me in the gut and I lose all air from my body. He hasn't snapped at me in a very long time. He rubs his hand down his tired face and looks back up at me with remorseful eyes.

"I'm sorry Bay. He's my best friend and he wants to stay here. If Leah wanted to move in I know she'd be in here the same day. You can't tell me that's not true."