23.princess

"Come on bay I'll teach you!" Leah, aka, the little mermaid, hollers at me from her tiny surf board that is smaller than her. There is no way I'm going out that far in the ocean. I am not getting ate by a damn shark. No way. Although that would be a pretty cool way to die.

Besides Leah isn't the one who was suppose to teach me.

"Here we go." A deep voice grunts as he picks me up and I scream as he tosses me over his shoulder and heads for the water.

"Put me down Drew!"

"Not a chance princess. Oh and my name isn't douche, sorry I mean it isn't Drew." Princess...oh god I'm in the arms of Asher Hill. I can tell now that I look at his butt. It looks so good in these swim trunks and his muscles flexing beneath me-

Baylor snap the fuck out of it.

What's wrong with you. You were just wanting to kiss Drew now you're talking about Asher's ass.

There's something seriously wrong with me. That coma definetly messed up some brain cells. But even now knowing that Asher is the one holding me I can't help the electricity shooting through my body from his touch.

"Asher! What are you doing!" I yell as I pound my fists on his back and we're almost in waist deep water. Oh my god here it is were about to die and he's busting out laughing.

"You realize we're about to get ate by a shark! Haven't you seen the movie soul surfer! That shit is real! I want all of my limbs! I need those for...extracurricular activities."
At this he finally stops. I let out a small scream when he grabs me by the waist so that he can look me in the eyes. An amused smirk plays on those damn lips of his.

"What kind of extracurricular?"
His smirk grows when my jaw drops and my face reddens. I smack his arm and try to run towards the beach but he hoist me back in the air and then sits me down on something. I look down to see a surf board that is a lot bigger than Leah's. Still my body stiffens as I stare at the surfboard and I'm already choking back tears. I can't do this.

"I don't even know how to surf! I tried to learn before and it wasn't pretty! I trip over my own feet!"
I try to tell him but he just laughs and hops on the back of the surfboard. My throat feels raw as my tears beg to spill from my eyes.

I look over at Leah who is watching us clearly amused not noticing the tears in my eyes from our distance.

"Leah! You're suppose to be my friend! You're not suppose to want me to die!" I yell towards her with panic evident in my voice as Asher paddles us out further. She laughs as she paddles out further as well.

"If you're going to sit on your knees like that you're going to fall off when we have to duck dive under waves. I need to be able to grab the board."

"Then how the fuck did you expect us both to be able to be on this thing." I snap at him as anger overcomes me, if I don't get angry I'll cry and I can't cry.

"Didn't really think it through." He shrugs. Really he's just shrugging this off like it's no big deal, he probably doesn't even notice me starting to panic. I probably can't even touch right here so if I fall off then my legs are just gonna kick in the water then something's gonna come grab me and pull me to the bottom of the ocean and nobody's gonna ever see me again!

Okay I'm a bit dramatic. But surfing was always kaylees thing never mine. Kaylee...

"Let me off." I tell Asher not bothering to hide my discomfort anymore. He can tell the change in my mood already. His confused eyes search my face for something but I keep my head turned away from him. I'm not about to let everyone see me cry. I just need to the beach.