12. Real. Not real.

Do you ever wake up and completely forget where you are, what your worries are, and how shitty your life is? Well that was me about ten seconds ago. I woke up in my sister and I's old bedroom. I was so at peace, I looked over to the other side of my bed to look at her and when I seen empty sheets everything came back and hit me like a brick reminding me about how my life is in shambles.

And that's why I am sitting in this bed clutching our blanket tight to my face and sobbing as I curl up into a ball on her side of the bed.

It's not one of those loud sobs tho, it's a quiet, heartbreaking sob. My heart literally feels like it's slowly being torn into tiny pieces and thrown into a fire for good measure.

I hear a ruffle from behind me and I quickly try to sober up my tears.

"Baylor?" The person questions in a groggy voice and I turn around to see Asher in a chair beside my bed. I didn't even know he was in here.

"Sorry. I didn't know- you were- in here." I tell him between gasps for air. I'm trying so hard to stop crying that my throat is aching.

"Don't apologize it's your house, you can cry if you want to." He says and sits up in his chair and rubs his hand down his face. At this a forceful sob manages to escape and he gets up from his seat and sits down in the bed next to me. He opens his arm up and I hesitantly let myself fall into his chest.

He scoots down so that he's now laying down in bed and I'm laying my head on his chest as he wraps his arm around me and it's honestly the most comforting thing I've felt in a long time.

We sit here for a moment, neither one of us saying anything, the only thing being heard is my sniffles as I try to sober up my crying.

"Thank you, for not asking questions, and just being here right now. Honestly three weeks ago I thought you'd be the last person I'd be with right now as I lay here and cry like a baby."
I say honestly and quietly.

"I'm pretty sure I already know why you're crying, and even if I don't, it's none of my business. The only thing I can do is try to be there for you like I wish someone was there for me."
He says his voice laced with so much honesty that I have to look up at him. He looks down at me with clear blue eyes, for once actually letting me see his emotions and he looks confused, maybe because it shocked him as much as it shocked me with how honest he's being. But despite him trying to hide it I can still see all that pain thats held deep inside his stormy impassive eyes.

It breaks my heart.

Out of nowhere his stormy eyes are back and he sits up and removes his arm from around me instantly making me wish he would just lay back down.

He gets up and sits back down in the chair beside the bed and I sit up as well and look at him.

"Did you sleep there all night?"

"Yea." Is all he says and I see his hands tighten into fists and his jaw clench as if it angered him to sleep on the chair.

"You didn't have to."

"And I wasn't going to until that idiot you were talking to-" He cuts his sentence short as he shakes his head and stares down at the floor as if remembering something vile and it makes a knot form in my stomach that I do not like at all.

"What?"I ask him a little nervous and I think he could tell because he looks up at me and his face softens a bit.

"He didn't get far. I shouldn't have even left you alone it was stupid of me."

"What do you mean Asher!" I beg him to tell me and he stares at me for a moment as his leg bounces up and down. He's trying so hard to keep a stoic face but I can still see guilt in his eyes.

"You puked all over me and a hat, then passed out. I went to the bathroom, washed up and came back to check on you. I made sure you were laying on your side and then I turned the light off and went back down to the party. Something, I don't know, in my gut I guess was telling me to go check on you, something was drawing me back upstairs to you. When I walked upstairs I noticed your door cracked." He takes a deep breath and I see the guilt deepen as he looks up at me and back at the door.

"He was unbuttoning his pants at the side of your bed when I walked in. I started beating the shit out of him and after I got rid of him I stayed up for as long as I could to make sure you were okay and then I fell asleep a few hours ago." I look at him, conflicted is all I can think of to explain how I feel right now.

"Is any of this real?"
I ask him and his eyes furrow in confusion.

"What?"

"You, being nice to me. I mean you just hated me at the beginning of this month. Is this only so I'll tell you what I remember? Or is it real?"

"Your memory takes time to come back, I'm sure in that time you'd like a friend. Whether it's Real or not real." He purposely doesn't answer the question, but to be honest I'm kinda glad he didn't. I think I know the answer, and I'm not ready to quit pretending to be friends.

"Well, real or not real friend, thank you."
I say and he looks up at me and shakes his head as a smirk spreads across those beautiful lips.

"Anytime."

-

A/N; I know this was a short chapter and I'm sorry but I haven't had much time to write and I wanted to give you what I had! I hope you guys are enjoying this newly renovated story!