55. New beginnings

Baylor POV

After walking to the store and calling Leah and ty to ask them what they needed they told us never mind and that we could come back now.

I roll my eyes and buy a snickers bar so that we at least buy something. I look up at Asher and his eyes are narrowed in on the candy bar.

"Are you serious? That's all they wanted?"
He ask with the shake of his head and I shrug as I pay for the candy bar and we walk out of the score.

"So what did you and ty talk about?"
I ask him.

"I broke up with him."
He winks at me and I look at him confused.

"Uh what?"
Asher rolls his eyes at my question and let's a smirk pull onto his lips.

"We were talking about you."
He says and I try to hide my blush.

"Oh gosh what did he say?"

"Just some stuff."
He says cripticly and I don't push the subject further seeing he's not going to tell me.

I want to ask him what we are, if he's just playing me along or if he's ever going to use the G word. But I stay quiet, my hands tucked in my pockets as we walk to the elevator of the apartment.

-

"He didn't tell you what we talked about?"
Ty asks incredulously and I just shake my head.

"He said he broke up with you."
I tell ty with a raised eyebrow and Ty's mouth drops.

"No! I ended things! I knew he was head over shoes for you so I let him down easy. You're welcome."
Ty says as he clutches his chest. What is wrong with him.

"You're rubbing off on Asher way too much."
Leah says and I nod in agreement while ty just smirks.

"Maybe my man can learn a few things from me. Two sex gods working together to make you happy. It would be magical."
Ty winks and I can't help but to bust out laughing.

"Do not ever say anything like that ever again."
Leah says between laughter.

"And don't ever call Asher your man again I can't take it."
I tell him still dying of laughter while he just sits there smirking at us.

"Then you better call him yours."

-

The rest of the week was uneventful. Me and Asher mainly cuddled on the couch when cam wasn't home and I even got him to watch a chick flick with me. I told him stories about kaylee without crying and I feel like that's a huge step forward. Yet he still hasn't told me what we are. Despite my failed attempts at hinting at it.

Today is New Year's Eve, cam is planning a party here at the apartment so he's currently going around to all the neighbors making sure they are okay with a loud party. He's very courteous of other people, that and he doesn't want the cops called. Asher and I are in my bedroom, he's showing me a picture of Luke.

"He was three in this picture, he was such a cute little boy."
Asher smiles down at the picture and I can't believe how much he's opened up to me. If someone would have told myself five months ago that me and Asher would be sharing pictures and stories of our family I would have laughed in their face. But here we are, sitting on my bed, one of his arms leaning behind my back, the other holding up a picture of his brother.

"He's adorable."
I tell him and he looks up at me with a smile and gently leans in and kisses me. I can't keep the smile off my face as he does so.

"Your birthday is in a few days. What do you want?"
He asks me and I'm surprised he even knows when my birthday is.

"Nothing. I don't need anything."
I tell him, because it's the truth. I am content with my life right now.

"Well I have to get my girl something."
He says and I can feel my heart stop at his words. My girl. Before I can reply cam opens the bedroom door.

"Can you two come help with the party stuff."
He asks, somehow unbothered by mine and Ashers close proximity.

"Yea."
I say, glad that I don't have to respond to Asher. I'm not sure how to take that. Was it a form of the G word or was he just saying that.

-

"The party has arrived!"
Ty announces as he carries in two bottles of Jager.

"Give me that I need it."
I tell ty and pour some jager in a cup and fill it up the rest of the way with Red Bull.

"Damn okay. What happened to miss 'I don't drink'?"
He asks me and I hold up a finger as I take a big gulp of the intoxicating drink.

"My socially awkwardness is killing me right now."
I tell ty and he motions for me to continue to explain.

"Cam walked in on me and Asher right after we kissed and he seemed completely unbothered and then Asher called me 'his girl' and now I've kinda been avoiding him because I'm not sure what that meant. Was that the G word? No. Asher never has girlfriends. I'm making this way more awkward than it needs to be so I'm just going to drink this and relax a bit."
I tell ty and drink the rest of the cup. My visions blurs for a second and then I stumble to ty.

"Do you realize how much alcohol is in this?"
He asks me and I shake my head, already feeling the heat in my stomach and the buzz in my entire body.

"Yea you're definitely going to be drunk."
He tells me and I just shake my head and slap both my cheeks.

"I'm good!"
I say and then a bunch more people walk in the door and Cam turns the music up louder. There's already like twenty people here.

"It's only ten o'clock people!"
I yell at the person who is puking in our kitchen sink. Ty busts out laughing beside me but stops and looks straight at the door behind me.

I turn around to see Michael walking through the door and I grab the bottles of jager from Ty's hands and nod my head in Michaels direction.

I walk to the kitchen and sit the bottles of jager down, I pour me another drink and then put both bottles in the freezer and I walk into the living room where Asher is sitting on the couch with a group of guys.

I stand by the wall and watch him as he laughs with the boys and I can't help but smile. He catches my eye and he grabs a red solo cup from the coffee table and he slightly raises it, I raise mine as well and we both take a drink.

He sits his cup down and gets up and walks towards me.

"Hey."
He smiles

"Hey."
I smile.

"I thought you were avoiding me there for awhile."
He smirks as he takes a step towards me and I lean against the wall as he grabs my waist.

"Just busy socializing."

"You have friends?"
He asks playfully and I just slap him in the chest.

"Only an hour and a half until the new year."
He says with a mischievous smirk and I narrow my eyes at him.

"What's so special about the new year?"
I ask him and he smiles.

"New beginnings of course."

-

A/N; hey guys hope you're enjoying this book still!

Please vote and comment!

Sorry for any mistakes this chapter is unedited.