29. Youre not special

We are all laughing as we get off the boat, Asher comes and walks beside me. It surprises me, because I figured he would walk with Cam but I don't mind. I can't help but look up at his gorgeous blue eyes and smile. I've been smiling an awful lot lately.

"What the hell is going on here?"
Cam asks pointing at me and Asher and we stop laughing.

"It's None of your business, even if something was going on."
Asher says. I find myself a little disappointed when he says even if there was something going on.

"Yea it is. You mess with her Asher and I swear to god." Cam says and Asher laughs at him playfully.

"Shut up and lets go get food there's nothing going on I'm not messing around with her, she's just my friend. Even if I were I don't see why you'd care. You have a girlfriend." Asher says with a knowing glint in his eyes. He walks past Cam and wraps an arm around my shoulder just to piss him off.

"Were ordering pizza!"
Cam hollers and Asher holds up his thumb.

"He is so protective over you."
Asher laughs once we created some distance from the rest of them.

He hands me the helmet and we both get on the bike and he starts the engine.

"He's my brother."
I say holding my breath, he turns the engine off and turns around to look at me with a grin.

"Yea I figured that out." He laughs.

"What? You know? How."
I ask him in disbelief.

"It's obvious Baylor, I'm not blind. Just waited for you guys to tell me." He laughs and then he becomes serious again as he asks his next question.
"Why don't you tell people you're related?"

"I don't know. I guess I just didn't want anyone to treat Cam differently if that police report got out. No reason for us both to suffer."
I say and he cringes and his once curious blue eyes are back to his moody stormy eyes.

"Maybe some people deserve to suffer even if you don't think so."
Asher says and I stare at him confused.

"Nobody deserves to suffer." I say and he just looks at me intently for a moment before starting his bike.

But before we take off he looks at me and says,  "Nobody will ever see that police report Baylor. I promise." I nod my head and give a sad smile and he turns around and drives.

-

It feels so late as we drive home. The streets bustles with people and I watch them as the salty air rustles my hair. I feel so relaxed. I lay my head on Asher's back and hold on tighter. I could fall asleep right here.

I probably shouldn't though.

I feel relieved when I see the beach house in the distance because my eyes are heavy as bricks and I'm about to collapse. I loosen up my grip as we near the house but Asher keeps going past it.

"Where are we going?"
I ask and he just looks back at me and smirks and looks forward again.

We drive for about twenty more minutes until the area begins to get more and more secluded. We go down a dirt road and follow it to the top of a hill.

Once we get to the top there's a big opening with a beautiful cabin sitting along a tree line. He parks the bike and gets off.

He walks through the bushy tree line, out of view. I look around and hurry to catch up to him. It's getting dark and I'm really not trying to stand here alone in someone's yard.