24. Its not fine

"Shh. It's okay princess." His voice soothes me and instantly I know it's Asher but that only surprises me further. I expected anyone else Leah, Cam, Drew, Ryder. But I didn't expect Asher. He's the last person I thought would come and hold me while I cry. Let alone it feel so good to be in his arms.

"Asher?" I ask as I turn around and let go of his arm that I was clutching onto.

"Hey princess." He says with a sad smile and pushes a lock of hair out of my face. I can feel the butterfly's shoot through me just with that simple little action, but the pain in my heart eliminates all other emotions at the moment.

"I-" We say simultaneously and I nod for him to go first.

"I didn't think about the fact you were hurting just as much as me. I guess you lost the only family you have as well or you wouldn't be living alone with Cameron." His eyes scan my face intently as if he can see right through me and so I look away just in case he can. I don't like him seeing me this vulnerable.

"I thought you'd be the last person to come to me,"
I tell him honestly.

"Well, you said something that really got my attention. Everyone's attention." I know he's talking about his brother. I nod and try to hold back the tears that are building up again. That's why he came. Not because he cared but because he wants to know what I meant about his brother.

"What did you mean by that Baylor?"

"I- it's nothing." I shake my head and a tear falls down my cheek. I get up and move away from him getting some space between us.

"Baylor, please. Just tell me."

"You're gonna think I'm crazy."

"I promise you. I will not think you're crazy." The sincerity in Asher's voice is so unfamiliar, it takes me a moment to remember who I'm talking to. I'm having an actual conversation with Asher. A deep one.

"I- I see him. In my nightmares, they're every night and he's almost always in them. He is haunting me and every time I see you it makes me think of him and my sister." I finally admit. I look at Asher, his eyes staring at me with such vulnerability.

He sighs and sits down beside me before taking a deep breath to speak.

"In the hotel room. I was having a nightmare too. I get them all the time Baylor. I understand, and if having nightmares makes you crazy then I guess we're crazy. I don't talk about this shit, to anyone. I don't know why I'm talking to you about it now. But I want you to know I feel horrible about how I've treated you, I guess I never stopped to think that you're hurting too. I'm not the only one who lost someone in the accident."

"It's fine. I understand." I tell him as I wipe away a tear and he shakes his head.

"No, it's not fine Baylor. And you know that."
Asher says with disgust for himself as he looks at me. We sit there staring at each other for a moment and before I can reply Cam comes walking in.

"Baylor?" Cam says timidly and we both look up at him then Asher stands up. He tucks his hands in his pocket, gives me a nod, and then walks away.

"I'm fine Cam," I tell him as I stand up but I know he isn't going to let it go that fast.

"Baylor please just talk to me. Somebody. I- I set you up an appointment with a psychiatrist."
He what!

"Cameron you shouldn't have done that! I'm not going! I yell and he takes an angry step towards me and yells back.

"Yes, you fucking are Baylor! We lost our sister! I thought I lost you! I thought you both died that night! And the way you've shut me out, it's not too far from the truth."
I gasp at his words. His eyes soften at the realization of what he just said and he tries to take a step towards me.

"No. Don't come near me. I can't believe you just said that to me!"

"Bay-"

"How about we bring up the way you've been acting?"
I ask and his eyes furrow in confusion.

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't think I didn't miss the date on your prescriptions when I packed them. They were last months and you still had over half of the pills in the bottle. Care to explain that!"
His eyes widen and he knows he's been caught. He should know that I would find out eventually. The way he's been snapping at me. The way he's been eating.

"You didn't think I'd notice the way your appetite suddenly increased on days you didn't take your meds? Or your random moments where you snapped at me? I notice these things, Cam! The same way you notice things about me so what made you think it was any different!"

"I don't need my meds."
His voice is hard, with no sign of regret.

"No, you can just be happy one minute and pissed the fuck off the next. But because I'm being a bit distant I need to see a counselor? No thank you! Cameron, you know you need your meds don't make me start watching you take them!" He laughs humorously at me and takes an intimidating step towards me, the look in his eyes is so unfamiliar.

"I don't know why I wasted my time checking on your bitch ass."
He spits out and I can't keep the sob erupting from me as he walks away.

I can't believe he just said that.

-

A/N; hello guys hope you liked this chapter! I'm sorry that these last two chapters were so short! New update once this chapter gets 220 votes! Love you guys!!!