45. Understanding

" I think that's everything."
Cameron says as he looks around the room for anymore boxes. That's it. All her stuff is unpacked.

"Why does the room still feel so empty."
I ask as I hold her stuffed turtle in my hands. She loved sea turtles so much, I swear she had an obsession.

"I think this place will always feel a bit empty, bay."
Cam sits down in the bed beside me and grabs the turtle from my hands. Then I see a tear stream down his face. I have to look twice to make sure I was seeing it correctly. Cameron is crying. Cam has always been the strong one, I don't think I've ever seen him cry in front of me. I know he has, he's just always tried to hide it.

I wrap my arms around him and pull him closer to me and he wraps his arms back around me and I feel his shoulders start to shake as he lets out a sob. My heart wrenches in my chest as I try to fight back the tears. The mighty has fallen.

"Shh. I know. I know cam."
I say as I run my hand over his head.

"I'm sorry bay. I couldn't hold it together anymore."
He says as he sits up and wipes his tears away hastily.

"No. Do not apologize cam. Don't ever apologize for crying."

"I'm suppose to be the adult. You don't need to see me break down."

"Cam we're both kids! You shouldn't have to act like the adult all the time! It's not fair to you. Have some fun, have a break down, get mad because I got ice cream and you didn't. It's okay!"

"Ice cream? That's what you thought of...Thanks sis."
I give him a small smile before he tosses the turtle back to me and stands up.

"I have to get to work are you good here?"
He asks still trying to stop his tears as he opens my door.

"Yea have fun."

"Yea."
He says and shuts my door. I get up out of bed and head out of my room and over to Asher's. I knock on his door and he answers a couple seconds later in only his underwear.

Of course.

"Hey."
He says tiredly as he runs his hands through his golden blonde locks. He looks down and then holds up a finger as he shuts her door and then opens it back up a few moments later fully dressed.

"Hey. . .I wanted to say sorry, for earlier."
I say and he steps out of- his room and shuts the door behind him. We both walk over to the dinning table and take a seat.

"It's okay Baylor. I get it. I didn't realize I was in her room until Halloween, then it clicked and I realized why you were so against me moving in. Which only made me feel like a bigger ass."

"How did you know I didn't want you moving in."

"Cameron had a talk with me about it after I moved in. If it were switched and you moved into Luke's room at that time I probably would have flipped the fuck out. So you handled it a lot better than I would have."

"Thanks."
I smile at him and he scoots closer to me as he tucks a piece of hair out of my face.

"For what?"

"Just, always knowing what to say. For understanding. For just- being here."
I look up at his clear blue eyes and he pulls a sad smile on his face before wrapping me up in a hug.

"Same for you princess."
I let off a small laugh at his nick name and stand up and wipe away any stray tears.

"Get dressed I want to take you somewhere."
He says and I look at him confused.

"Where?"

"You'll see."

-

After I get dressed and fix my face, ash drags me towards his motorcycle. I don't bother asking where we're going knowing he's not going to tell me. We drive for a little while before slowing to a stop at an old abandoned park.